Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What could we get for Dunn?

What could we get for Dunn?

The Reds have lost 6 out of 7, about to be 7 out of 8...they need a boost.

Out of the players on our roster that opposing GMs would actually have any interest in, I see Dunn as the easiest to let go of. He's not only "not good" in the field, he's a downright liability. LF, 1B, doesn't matter, you can't hide him.

Then at the plate, his supposed strength, I think it's against his personal beliefs to hit with runners on. He gets one hit every 15 ABs, and it's a solo shot in the eighth when we're down by seven.

What do you guys think we could get for him? Maybe an Aaron Cook-type, Louis Gonzalez, and maybe a PTBNL?? What do you think??
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What could we get for Dunn?

You probably wont get a quality arm for him unless you trade him later in the season.

Solid piece of hitting to end the game. Scratch Gonzalez and the PTBNL, insert a second-tier AA starter??
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

Yeah Dunn is the worst player in history, we should just release him.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Yeah Dunn is the worst player in history, we should just release him.

He's not that great, but fun when he hits the HR.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

I dont know the financial side of it but i agree that we should try and deal him if we can. His inability to hit with RISP is a cancer for this team. It has been this way his whole career in Cincinnati. You are dead on with the comment about hitting a homerun in a meaningless at bat too. Would like to hear more opinions on if we have a chance to move him. He has 13 homeruns and 26 RBIs.

According to a lot on the board he is one of the top 3 players in baseball. So if by chance anyone that thinks like they do, we could get a lot. If you are dealing with a GM with common sense, not much.

I think some people here need to turn down the Marty B. I know it can be really tough to get through a 9 inning game with Grande and Welsch so I understand your problem. Dunn is struggling right now, but he is still walking which means he is getting on base and not getting out. This whole team is in a huge slump and I dont see how trading Dunn would really help.
    Last edited by kbrake; 05-17-2006 at 10:24 PM.

nothing that would fix the team and his offense would not be replaced. The time to make major trades is in the offseason not during the season.

You trade Dunn right now, you get nothing even close to market value because every GM in the game knows you're flailing. It's about the dumbest thing Krivsky could do; fortunately, he's a lot smarter than the bash Dunn crowd that's infected this place recently.

There may come a time when Dunn needs to be traded. To do it now is madness, absolute madness.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421
    You trade Dunn right now, you get nothing even close to market value because every GM in the game knows you're flailing. It's about the dumbest thing Krivsky could do; fortunately, he's a lot smarter than the bash Dunn crowd that's infected this place recently.

There may come a time when Dunn needs to be traded. To do it now is madness, absolute madness.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    The time to make major trades is in the offseason not during the season.
    This is plain-old not true. Deals are always where you find them. Some times are slightly better than others, but if you're smart, deals are always for the making.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Dunn needs to be traded I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    nothing that would fix the team and his offense would not be replaced. The time to make major trades is in the offseason not during the season.
    .220 with 26 rbi's is easier to replace then you might think.

Turn Off Ads?