Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What could we get for Dunn?

Re: What could we get for Dunn?

Dunn isn't going anywhere for the next 2 years........He has a decent contract and can help this team more than what they could get for him right now....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    This is plain-old not true. Deals are always where you find them. Some times are slightly better than others, but if you're smart, deals are always for the making.
    most teams are working on the edges of their team during the season and are not looking to remake their team. There is no way the Marlins could have done what they did in the off-season during the season. The market of potential partners just isn't as large during the season. Trades can be made in-season but they mainly involve dumping salary or unloading players who aren't coming back. Last year the trading deadline came and went with a whimper

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    .220 with 26 rbi's is easier to replace then you might think.
    but 40 HRs 100 runs 100 RBIs and a 950 OPS are much harder to replace than you think

Who cares that he has led this team in nearly every offensive category the past 3 years. He is hitting .220 threw 40 games, lets unload him now. Ok I am just getting cranky so I will stop soon I promise, but what in the hell would be the point of trading Adam Dunn right now? I agree the guy is struggling right now, but why would you trade him when he is struggling this makes no sense. I'm sure there is a great and I mean great market for Adam Dunn right now.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    but 40 HRs 100 runs 100 RBIs and a 950 OPS are much harder to replace than you think
    No, we need more bunts instead of that OPS stuff
    Go Gators!

I'm certainly not opposed to trading Dunn, but if you're going to do it, wait until the offseason when you could get more value.

The whole team is in a huge slump, but Dunn just doesn't seem right this year. I don't know if he's just thinking too much at the plate or if someone (Narron possibly?) is giving him bad advice. It's a good thing that he's taking walks, because he's certainly not doing much else. The best thing that Narron could say to him at this point is: Forget what everyone's told you. Just do what makes you most comfortable.

As for his defense-- I won't go there. He's just not very good at either LF or 1B. Hopefully he'll improve over time.
    I hate the Cubs!!

Ok I need to rephase what I was trying to say. Unless the Reds are competing at the deadline, it is time to trade Adam Dunn. It will be time to trade alot of people. We need to burn it to the ground. I was saying this before the year that is was time to burn it to the ground. Enough of trying to glue pieces together to "contend". Start over. Do whatever you can to get rid of the holes that are Milton and Griffey's contracts. Take on part of their salaries.

Then you have the guys that are going to bring in the "elite" prospects.
    Dunn
    Felipe

One of them needs to be traded. I am trading Dunn before I trade Lopez. You can't trade them both because then you have nothing.

Don't trade any of your top prospects and don't trade EE. Keep EE and Felipe to build around and go from there.

Here is how I would break it down:

Have to go:
    Milton
    Griffey
    (I am not asking alot in return, just for them to take most of their salary

Then you have the mid-range guys that will bring in [retty good prospects:
    LaRue (he will have value later)
    Kearns
    Weathers
    Mercker (if healthy)

Top Elite guys (trade one)
    Dunn
    Felipe
    (I trade Dunn)

Untouchables:
    Coffey
    EE
    Any top prospects

Now ovbiously you aren't going to be able to trade all of those guys, but that is how I would look at it. The Marlins have won 2 world series is 16 years doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    No, we need more bunts instead of that OPS stuff
    "Bunting for Runs - The Making of a Champion"

Dunn needs to be traded I agree.
    No offense, but this is an absolutely moronic statement. You don't just decide one day to up and trade a player, especially when you have as few bona fide trading chips of value as the Reds do. You have to be shrewd and maximize value. If the Reds go out and shop Dunn right now, they are going to get rooked, plain and simple.* Trading your best players for crap is a good way to become the Kansas City Royals. I'd like to hold off on that result.

* What makes this even more hysterical, of course, is that the "blame Dunn" crowd would still complain because we didn't get a #1 starter in return. Either Dunn sucks or he's good, you can't have it both ways.

Top Elite guys (trade one)
    Dunn
    Felipe
    (I trade Dunn)
    Felipe is as good as gone, it's only a matter of time

19 NL players have more than 26 RBI. Two NL players have scored more than 31 Runs. I suppose that's "replaceable" too.

And that's after one of the worst slumps imaginable for the most productive offensive player on the club.

The only thing "replaceable" is this thread. It's so replaceable, in fact, that one just like it will spring up next time the Reds lose a few games in a row. And when they don't lose. And between losing and winning. And in the offseason. During the All-Star break as well. And every first, second, and third week I haven't covered yet. Three times down the page. In fact, I don't think a day goes by when "Adam Dunn Sucks" isn't on page one of Reds Live.

Redundant. Replaceable. Rule 5.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

So you trade Dunn, then Boras wants 12 mil a year for Lopez in two years? Now what do you do? (not trying to be a pain I swear, just curious what you do)

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    So you trade Dunn, then Boras wants 12 mil a year for Lopez in two years? Now what do you do? (not trying to be a pain I swear, just curious what you do)
    You become the Royals.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    If Felipe keeps doing what he is doing you give it to him.

5 years, 60 mil.

You would wrap up 60 million in Felipe Lopez, but you trade Dunn at 9.5? wow.

Turn Off Ads?