Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The black hole in centerfield

Re: The black hole in centerfield

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    You seriously cried over it? ....
    well, maybe that was my allergies.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Benadryl

and JR to left
    Go Gators!

Yeah Furman is an idiot. I bet you almost anything Griffey will be in center all 3 games, at least 2 for sure this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    I wish furball would go back to New York. He probably couldn't cut it in the big apple.
    I don't ever remember him in NY in the first place.

There were a few balls I believed Freel could have gotten to in centerfield if Griffey wasn't there. Freel was in left field the other night and he tracked some fly balls that other left fielders could have not gotten to. The reds announcers even commented on his ability to track down the fly balls. Freel has great acceleration and speed that will help him track down fly balls alot better then Griffey can nowadays in centerfield. Griffey needs out of Centerfield pronto

I have no problem with the idea of moving Griffey to first, but not during mid-season. Griffey played first for a few innings early in his career in Seattle but that's been it. I see it as an option for next season though.

Griffey has lost a little in the outfield due to his age, but I still think he is an above average centerfielder.

The question is, which Griffey has better range in CF?

This one...

or this one?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    I have no problem with the idea of moving Griffey to first, but not during mid-season. Griffey played first for a few innings early in his career in Seattle but that's been it. I see it as an option for next season though.

Griffey has lost a little in the outfield due to his age, but I still think he is an above average centerfielder.
    COF is his position (preferable LF). Griffey would be a GREAT defensive LF because if he gets to it, he is a lock to catch it. His problem is range.

How bout Jr in RF?I know kearns has played CF before his young and good with the
    glove.Dunn is less dangerous in LF then 1B from the recent games I've seen.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

I reviewed the game and the only plays that had any affect on the outcome of the game was the Reds 1B misplay of the pitcher's Perez "base hit" and an incredible defensive double play turned in by the pittsburg pirates.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Griff needs to be a DH thats a fact. His love of Cinncinati is one thing but now he needs to pad his great legacy. This reminds me of Ray Bourque as a bruin they traded him as a favor to the Av's for nothing special but Ray got his Ring and shined in the Stanley Cup playoffs. I truly believe the Red's should talk to griff and send him to a serious contender and at most take back only reasonable prospects (bare in mind I would ask more if they wanted the reds to absorb salary, then ask far more). My point is Griff has to know deep inside his bat is his only valuable ability on the field now.

Turn Off Ads?