Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Security at GABP...

  1. #1
    RisingReds
    Guest

    Security at GABP...

    i was at the reds vs. phillies game last friday night, sitting in section 143 trying to have a good time, and enjoy the game when i was struck with a peanut! there was extra security in the section at this point after i had spoken with security about this unfortunate event! then in the top of the 9th, a home run was hit directly down the left field line by shane victorino, and the "throw it back chants began" (in left field of course) but all of a sudden a yellow softball was thrown into right field onto the playing surface of great amercan. security was there instantaneously, but no actions were taken towards the group who threw the ball. it was obvious that it came from a row of immature gentleman, but they didn't bother to pinpoint it down to a certain one. if it wasn't obvious enough that this group had done it, as soon as security walked over to have a private meeting by the exit, this group quickly made an escape, hugging one another on there way out of the section, laughing, and giggling uncontrollably. i just think that the security in cincinnati is less than desireable, and i think this problem should be addressed. I mean granted, it was kind of funny, but security had probably 10 people in the section, and couldn't figure out who threw it!

    how does everyone else feel?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    474

    Re: Security at GABP...

    Quote Originally Posted by RisingReds
    i was at the reds vs. phillies game last friday night, sitting in section 143 trying to have a good time, and enjoy the game when i was struck with a peanut! there was extra security in the section at this point after i had spoken with security about this unfortunate event! then in the top of the 9th, a home run was hit directly down the left field line by shane victorino, and the "throw it back chants began" (in left field of course) but all of a sudden a yellow softball was thrown into right field onto the playing surface of great amercan. security was there instantaneously, but no actions were taken towards the group who threw the ball. it was obvious that it came from a row of immature gentleman, but they didn't bother to pinpoint it down to a certain one. if it wasn't obvious enough that this group had done it, as soon as security walked over to have a private meeting by the exit, this group quickly made an escape, hugging one another on there way out of the section, laughing, and giggling uncontrollably. i just think that the security in cincinnati is less than desireable, and i think this problem should be addressed. I mean granted, it was kind of funny, but security had probably 10 people in the section, and couldn't figure out who threw it!

    how does everyone else feel?
    I was at the same game, sitting in section 105, right where the home run was hit. I was in the first row and it was hit probably about 8 rows back. The chants started (I'll admit, I was one of them) and they threw the ball back on the field. I don't remember anything about a yellow softball, unless I wasn't paying attention. I'm not sure what kind of action should be taken in this situation. The only thing that bothers me about throwing an opposing team's home run back is the safety of the players on the field. Should something like this constitue an individual being ejected from the park? Do people at Wrigley get ejected for doing this kind of thing?

    Also, did the peanut throwing continue after you addressed security? I personally have never had any problems at GABP.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    186

    Re: Security at GABP...

    Apparently someone in the Reds organization agrees with you.


    Dear Loyal Reds Patron,

    Next year, the plan is to enclose each seat in GABP in clear glass, with a tiny glass doorway to get in and out of your seat. As added security, 46,000 individual cameras will be monitored by 46,000 security officers. Any wrongdoers will be flogged, then escorted out of the arena...er, ballpark.

    Beer will not be permitted, for the simple reason that all problems at ballparks are caused by beer.

    Peanuts will no longer be sold, due to the potential damage that a projectile peanut can cause.

    Soda will be sold, but without ice, because of the potential damage caused from ice (freeze brain, crack a tooth crunching ice, etc).

    All yellow softballs will first be stunned, then destroyed.

    Thank you for your feedback, loyal fans. Here at GABP we believe, for each fan complaint, another rule must be put in place to appease each fan.

    Respectfully yours,
    Irving Milch
    Complaint Dept.
    Cincinnati Reds

    Last edited by Benny-Distefano; 05-18-2006 at 10:27 AM.

  5. #4
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,660

    Re: Security at GABP...

    Unfortunately there are immature and asinine people in every crowd. I think GABP does the best it can. Try your best to not let these jerks ruin your experience or give the REDS a bad name. Obviously some people did not have parents who taught them manners or right from wrong. Or they chose to not listen.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  6. #5
    Reds Slacker '07 RedsMan3203's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,784

    Re: Security at GABP...

    I once "snuck" in a 2-Liter of Mt. Dew.

    But of course... I drank it all by the end of the game.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

    Jockstocks Homepage

    Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

  7. #6
    This one's for you Edd Heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dayton Area
    Posts
    8,471

    Re: Security at GABP...

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    I once "snuck" in a 2-Liter of Mt. Dew.

    But of course... I drank it all by the end of the game.
    And you didn't even need a ride home, you flew. Good Deal.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    669

    Re: Security at GABP...

    I don't have a comment about the Peanut Fiasco, but I do think Reds fans in right field could've shown more class on Saturday night.

    I mean, really, must you throw the Adam Dunn figurine onto the field, even in disgust that Dunn failed to connect with the game-winning home run? Or were those displaced and confused Philly fans showing themselves?

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    474

    Re: Security at GABP...

    Wow, I guess I missed something in right field. I didn't even know all of that had taken place! That's ridiculous.

  10. #9
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Security at GABP...

    I think there was a 3rd peanut thrower.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    508

    Re: Security at GABP...

    then in the top of the 9th, a home run was hit directly down the left field line by shane victorino, and the "throw it back chants began"

    This reminds me...why do Reds fans feel they have to act like Cub fans and throw the visiting team's home run ball back? That is a Wrigley Field tradition, and if they wanted to, security should kick those people that throw them back onto the field out IMO.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    1,835

    Re: Security at GABP...

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    then in the top of the 9th, a home run was hit directly down the left field line by shane victorino, and the "throw it back chants began"

    This reminds me...why do Reds fans feel they have to act like Cub fans and throw the visiting team's home run ball back? That is a Wrigley Field tradition, and if they wanted to, security should kick those people that throw them back onto the field out IMO.
    Enough Cubs fans make the trek down to GABP. Maybe the Reds fans have been to so many Cubs games against the Reds and heard the Cubbies chants that they think it is Wrigley?

  13. #12
    Firin Away Jr's Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: Security at GABP...

    Quote Originally Posted by realreds1
    I don't have a comment about the Peanut Fiasco, but I do think Reds fans in right field could've shown more class on Saturday night.

    I mean, really, must you throw the Adam Dunn figurine onto the field, even in disgust that Dunn failed to connect with the game-winning home run? Or were those displaced and confused Philly fans showing themselves?
    ''Peanut Fiasco''LOL

    Great analogy.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    333

    Re: Security at GABP...

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    This reminds me...why do Reds fans feel they have to act like Cub fans and throw the visiting team's home run ball back? That is a Wrigley Field tradition, and if they wanted to, security should kick those people that throw them back onto the field out IMO.
    Annoys the heck out of me. "Look at us! We're as bad as Cubs fans!" Lame.

    :thumbdown

    If I ever catch a home run ball, I'm not throwing it back, no matter who hits it.

    Buncha goobers . . .

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    1,154

    Re: Security at GABP...

    This softball thing has been referred to several times on Redszone since its occurrence. I think if they take one of these guys out on the field and shoot them...in front of everybody, it would probably stop.

  16. #15
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,571

    Re: Security at GABP...

    Quote Originally Posted by roby
    This softball thing has been referred to several times on Redszone since its occurrence. I think if they take one of these guys out on the field and shoot them...in front of everybody, it would probably stop.
    I like this plan.
    Go Gators!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25