Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call for Detroit!

Roll Call for Detroit!

Who's heading up??
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Roll Call for Detroit!

I'll be there for at least 2 of the 3 games.

I've never been to the Tigers new park -- now seems like a perfect opportunity!
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Arriving Saturday around 1 pm - Staying in WIndsor and wathcing the Sabres game then heading across the bridge for Saturday's game. Depending on ho wlong the drive is (from Buffalo) we may stick around for Sunday's tilt as well.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

I had been considering a trip up, but the forcast is for rain at least some of the weekend. Didn't want to drive 5 hours for a rainout.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

My girlfriend and I will be there on Saturday.

I wish, but I'll be in Cincy next weekend. Sched has Harang and Arroyo for my games....does it get any better?

Be there Sunday! The Tigers are hot, unbelievably the best record in baseball. Hopefully we can get the bats going!

Quote Originally Posted by LawFive
    I had been considering a trip up, but the forcast is for rain at least some of the weekend. Didn't want to drive 5 hours for a rainout.
    Same here - waiting to see about Sunday.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Looks like I'll be heading-up with wife and son for the Saturday night game and the Sunday game. I have never been to the park either, and it seemed like a good time to go.
    Luckily my wife went to college just north of Detroit and still has several friends in the area. That made it easier. "So honey, would you like to go visit your friends this weekend? Oh, and look, the Reds are playing there this weekend too. We should go to a game or two."

If anyone is anywhere behind the Reds dugout along the first base line let out a Redszone holla and see if I look. Although I guess if you just go crazy and start screaming Redszone everyone would be looking.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Same here - waiting to see about Sunday.
    I'm a little concerned about Saturday night, but wouldn't they just play 2 on Sunday if Saturday night was rained out?

Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 66. Northwest wind between 10 and 13 mph.

Saturday Night: Scattered showers. Increasing clouds, with a low near 47. West wind between 9 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 59. Northwest wind around 15 mph.

I'll be behind the reds dugout friday night
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

I'd never been to Comerica Park before tonight -- and I have to say that I was extremely impressed. The actual physical plant of the stadium is very nicely done, save for a bit of overkill on the "Tiger" motiff; the giant 30 foot tiger statute out front is cool, but do we really need stone "tiger heads" spaced every 10 feet on the outside facade?

Inside, the park is fantastic. Tons of room to walk around and tons of variety in the things to do. There were entire food courts, restaraunts and bars inside the stadium, amusement-park type rides, and games. A much greater variety than you seem to find at GABP.

Our seats out in left field were nice, but the bullpen locations (right behind the fence) puts an artificial 15-20 feet of seperation between you and the field, which I wasn't a huge fan of. If I go back tomorrow night, I'm going to try and get some seats down the line instead to get a different vantage point. Also, a minor annoyance: there was no place that displayed current pitch counts for the starters -- there was a gun reading under the scoreboard, but it only flashed pitch counts at random intervals.

All in all, great experience. If you get the chance, I think Detroit is worth the drive to see a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    I'd never been to Comerica Park before tonight -- and I have to say that I was extremely impressed. The actual physical plant of the stadium is very nicely done, save for a bit of overkill on the "Tiger" motiff; the giant 30 foot tiger statute out front is cool, but do we really need stone "tiger heads" spaced every 10 feet on the outside facade?

Inside, the park is fantastic. Tons of room to walk around and tons of variety in the things to do. There were entire food courts, restaraunts and bars inside the stadium, amusement-park type rides, and games. A much greater variety than you seem to find at GABP.

Our seats out in left field were nice, but the bullpen locations (right behind the fence) puts an artificial 15-20 feet of seperation between you and the field, which I wasn't a huge fan of. If I go back tomorrow night, I'm going to try and get some seats down the line instead to get a different vantage point. Also, a minor annoyance: there was no place that displayed current pitch counts for the starters -- there was a gun reading under the scoreboard, but it only flashed pitch counts at random intervals.

All in all, great experience. If you get the chance, I think Detroit is worth the drive to see a game.
    From what I saw on TV, it looked like at least 20% of those in attendance were Reds fans. Was that the case, or do I need a new TV?

Quote Originally Posted by kyred14
    From what I saw on TV, it looked like at least 20% of those in attendance were Reds fans. Was that the case, or do I need a new TV?
    I was surprised at the number of Reds fans -- there were at least a dozen more besides myself in the section I was sitting in. However, I wouldn't put the number at 20%. A lot of people were at the game wearing Pistons gear (primary colors: Red, White and Blue) which could deceive the eyes a bit, as well as anyone still in mourning over the Red Wings loss recently.

Best moment of the night was when everyone with a cell phone or radio simultaneously realized that the Pistons had just beaten the Cavs and a cheer erupted in the stadium. It was funny watching just how many people were sitting and staring at little 2" screens getting score updates from ESPN.com.

Turn Off Ads?