Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again.....take a look at the schedule.....

Here we go again.....take a look at the schedule.....

Reds go to play the team with the best record in baseball and where do the Cards go?......again this year? To Kansas City.....that's where.

Don't reply to this thread saying they do it every year.....I know they do, it just stinks as far as I am concerned.

These 6 games each year where St. Louis gets to play a minor league team (at best) while everybody else has to play ML basbeall is just rotten to the core.

I like St. Louis baseball, I really do, but this is the one thing that burns me up every year. Had to waste a post with this because when I yell it at my wife she sends me to my room.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Re: Here we go again.....take a look at the schedule.....

Quote Originally Posted by red-in-la
    Don't reply to this thread
    Ooops!

Not the Cards fault the Royals suck rocks
    Go Gators!

The Cards plays the first place east team and win 2 out of 3. The Reds last place central team that has won 11 games all year and lose 2 out or 3.

Now the fortunes are reversed. It all about taking care of your own business.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

ah.... and in a few weeks we'll play someone crappy while the cards play the best............tis baseball lmao
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Actually this year we get three against KC, because we are playing AL Central teams in the Interleague games.

Usually it's 6 vs. Cleveland (a good team the past few years) while the Cards get 6 vs KC, Hou gets Tex, Mil gets Minn (I'm guessing), The Cubs get the Sox and Pitts gets Detroit (guessing again).

I say our natural rivals are the Louisville Bats. They're the closest team..and we should play them!

(Pss Bats...you guys know what to do!)
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

i'm not thrilled with going north this weekend...the tigers have been playing great...however, there comes a point when every winning streak comes to an end, let's just hope it today

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy
    The Cards plays the first place east team and win 2 out of 3. The Reds last place central team that has won 11 games all year and lose 2 out or 3.

Now the fortunes are reversed. It all about taking care of your own business.
    Yes, and eventually the Reds will have to deal with the Mets too, that part evens out.

You are missing the point...it is NOT just about taking care of your own business, because the Cards get SIX games against the dreck that is the Royals. And the Royals have been so gawd-awful for so long now, that that fact is extremely unfair to the rest of the teams in the Central (and NL for that matter) who don't get that advantage. Three games against the Royals this year is nice, six games would sure be better.

It is a good point every year, because it is unfair every year. It is genuinely a surprise when the Royals win a game from the Cardinals.

For a Level Playing Field

I wholeheartedly agree with red-in-la and membengal. There should not be 6 games against any team from the other league. If you do interleague, then 3 games against 4 teams. With the uneven number of teams in divisions, you might not play the same 4 teams. However, no one should play two series against one team form the other league (no matter the geography).

MLB DOES NOT need the "extra revenue" from geogrpahical "rivalries" (please!) to stay afloat. KC vs. St. Louis.... boy, what a rivalry that is. I am sure the few KC fans that are left just love playing their "big-time rival" 6 times (and gettin' smacked around).

More reason to understand why Bud Selig and his cronies are masters of crud.

Quote Originally Posted by red-in-la
    These 6 games each year where St. Louis gets to play a minor league team (at best) while everybody else has to play ML basbeall is just rotten to the core.
    You mean 3 games a year. This year it is 6 only because the NL Central plays the AL Central.

Interleague stinks. End of story.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    MLB DOES NOT need the "extra revenue" from geogrpahical "rivalries" (please!) to stay afloat. KC vs. St. Louis.... boy, what a rivalry that is. I am sure the few KC fans that are left just love playing their "big-time rival" 6 times (and gettin' smacked around).

The Cardinals don't consider the Royals much of a rivaly, but it is a huge rivalry to the Royals. The Royals demand 3 games against the Cardinals in KC every year, because it does help their revenue. This year, the Royals come to St. Louis, but it isn't always that way. If the Cards and Royals only play 3 games in a season, then they will likely be in KC to try to get Royals fans to the games. The Royals are far from good, but they usually play better against the Cardinals.

I'll take games against a team on a long winning streak any day. Eventually, all streaks come to an end. Oftentimes, they're followed by some form of drought or futility.

May not be a bad time to be catching the Tigers.

This is the first time I've heard anyone complain about having to play the Tigers.

I guess I don't mind....Things always even out........I always believe it's when you play them and not who.....Even terrible teams can get hot and beat better teams.....The NFL has a very unbalanced sked, where teams in the same division don't play the exact same sked as other's......In baseball you play each team in your own divison so many times now, that helps balance things out a bit more...........

Turn Off Ads?