Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't let Milty pitch another game!!

Don't let Milty pitch another game!!

Please Reds management, never put him out on the mound again...ever! He's a loss waiting to happen. He stinks, he sucks, he's got nothing left, he's a "fly ball" pitcher in a ballpark where flies fly out...not that his road talent is any better!

Trade him for a bucket of balls, some pine tar, a dozen jock straps, anything!

Any questions?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Don't let Milty pitch another *%#*^& game!!

He'll be waving to you from the GABP mound next week.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

That's silly.

He hasn't pitched in a month. They should have sent him on a rehab assignment. Last year aside, which was awful, before his knee was bothering him, earlier this season he looked pretty good. I'm willing to see how he can do if he can stay healthy.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    He'll be waving to you from the GABP mound next week.
    If hes sitting in the outfield seats Milton will make sure he gets a baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Time will tell.
    ... that he will continue to be awful.

The difference between Milton and Williams is the $$$$$. The Milton number is too big for the FO to swallow at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy P
    Please Reds management, never put him out on the mound again...ever! He's a loss waiting to happen. He stinks, he sucks, he's got nothing left, he's a "fly ball" pitcher in a ballpark where flies fly out...not that his road talent is any better!

Any questions?
    That was insightful.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Don't let Milty pitch another game!!

Get Ready next Friday....

Eric Milton vs. Brandon Webb...

What a matchup!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper

What a matchup!
    Opposites attract?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy P

Any questions?
    1) Chill
    2) Stop posting noise. It adds nothing to the board.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Maybe it is wishfull thinking on my part, but I was very encouraged by his last few SprT starts and his first two outings. I saw one of his outings in person and he was a very solid pitcher. Never in a million years did I think I would say that. For the money involved and the pitcher he could be (I know, that is a big "could") I think it's worth sticking with him.

Eric Milton will be better this season. Give him time to get back into the groove of things, because with the exception of the two innings he pitched last Monday, he hadn't pitched since mid-April. I allow him a couple of starts to get back into things and get back into his spring training form. Besides...who else do we have to replace Milton? No one.

What a matchup!
    I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully LaRue will be back behind the dish instead of Ross, but thats mostly so my wife won't complain about it.

As for the pitching, he's still got whatever amount of talent he had, if he finds its the question.

Personally I think this has 'upset' written all over it in that I don't think it's going to be a 10-0 D'Back rout, but rather a 3-2 game one way or the other.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

While I agree completely with the sentiment of the first post in this thread, I'm not sure we needed another thread dedicated to this topic.

But I will say that if we're going to jump on Big Daddy P's case, it might be nicer to give him a friendly warning, as he has only posted here 13 times; as opposed to, say, those who have been here for years, yet drag out the same idiotic, tired arguments against players who actually DO produce for the Reds.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 05-22-2006 at 04:37 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

What a matchup!

Might have to pray for rain on Friday.

Milton looked weak and rusty the other day. I'm trying to be optimisic about him. He looked great in Spring Training and in his first 2 starts. If, and this could be a big if, he can get the 'zip' back in his fastball I think he'll be fine. If he doesn't get back up to 93-94 it'll be d'e'ja vu all over again.

Turn Off Ads?