Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cubs vs White Sox fight!

Re: Cubs vs Whitesox fight!

If anyone finds the video of this brawl, please post a link. I've seen the replays and it was a good old brawl.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I dont know when this happened but...
    A.J. Pierzynski walks on Aaron Boones back: http://boonewalk.ytmnd.com/

Someone already has the fight on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctsYoWLgtuY

A.J. gets punched, backs up and watchs his team fight...
    Last edited by CTA513; 05-20-2006 at 03:11 PM.

Can he be stopped?

Another article, this one from MLB.com

Cubs/Sox Fight (MLB.com)

That is pretty funny stuff! Good fight as far as baseball fights go.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

One Man Army

It boiled down to this:

AJ Alphabet came running home hard on a sac fly. Despite the ball being about a bounce or two away from Barrett, AJP came in hard, lifted a forearm to Barrett's head, and levelled him. AJ got up and slammed his hand down on home plate in celebration. He then got up, made a celebratory gesture with his arm, then walked towards Barrett, bumping into him.

Barrett hugged AJP, said a few words, then jacked him in the jaw. Podsednik came in to try and break it up, took an elbow to the head, then finally tackled Barrett.

Meanwhile, Brian Anderson and John Mabry decided to mix it up.

Hilarious brawl, overall. Barrett was a moron for responding like that to AJP, but he couldn't have done it to a nicer guy.

If anyone deserves to be punched it is AJ. I remember hearing about what a bad teammate he is and his poor attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Outshined_One
    It boiled down to this:

Meanwhile, Brian Anderson and John Mabry decided to mix it up.
    It looked like Mabry was trying to break it up and Brian Anderson started swinging at him.

That punch in the face was bush - Piersynzski gave him a love tap at home - he's lucky he didn't get plowed.

that punch in the face looked warranted to me, and that's without even knowing what words were exchanged, which probably weren't pleasant

The take-out may have been excessive and the punch may have been warranted. But, it was also a sucker punch. He should have given AJP a chance to put up his dukes and fight. At that point, anything goes. But don't be a <blank> willow and sucker punch him like a kid in junior high school.
    Last edited by Hap; 05-21-2006 at 12:16 PM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Damn! I missed it!!

Barret and the rest of the cubs are joke. They took a beating in the fight and on the field. Love it. And AJ had this reputation as a poor sport for sure, but since being in Chicago, has been nothing but class and the clubhouse/fans love him. Poor poor Cubbies.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

I do not pity the cubs
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan
    Barret and the rest of the cubs are joke. They took a beating in the fight and on the field. Love it. And AJ had this reputation as a poor sport for sure, but since being in Chicago, has been nothing but class and the clubhouse/fans love him. Poor poor Cubbies.
    What happened? Did he go to Jerk Management classes or something? The guy might not be getting publicity for being a jerk, but I have a hard time believing he's changed that much after watching the seemingly unnecessary collision and the plate slapping celebration. The guy once kneed a trainer in the crotch, refused to leave a card game in order to go over batters, and has had an arrogant attitude. It's funny how winning a championship can change public opinion of a guy.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Turn Off Ads?