Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cubs vs White Sox fight!

Re: Cubs vs Whitesox fight!

Quote Originally Posted by FindlayRed
    If anyone deserves to be punched it is AJ. I remember hearing about what a bad teammate he is and his poor attitude.
    A girl I used to go to school with is from Minnesota and she said she and some of her friends ran into Luis Rivas one night at a restaurant. They were talking about Pierzynski and he said to her that everyone on the team was so relieved when he was traded to San Francisco. He said that A.J. couldn't get along with anyone and always caused problems.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think anybody likes AJP, except maybe those guys he helped win a ring last year.

Still, that's no excuse for a cheapshot like Barrett threw at him.

I'm also ticked because I'm going to lose Barrett from my fantasy team for a few games worth of suspension.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Still, that's no excuse for a cheapshot like Barrett threw at him.
    Why, shouldn't a man be excused for defending himself? I can say that I would've done the same thing in that situation because I hate people like that. The Cubs are playing .400 ball right now and I'm sure A.J. was making fun of the Cubs, no doubt in my mind. He got what he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball
    What happened? Did he go to Jerk Management classes or something? The guy might not be getting publicity for being a jerk, but I have a hard time believing he's changed that much after watching the seemingly unnecessary collision and the plate slapping celebration. The guy once kneed a trainer in the crotch, refused to leave a card game in order to go over batters, and has had an arrogant attitude. It's funny how winning a championship can change public opinion of a guy.
    Guy lays out for an important run in a huge series, shows some emotion at the same time. Don't get the criticism of his play. We loved Pete when he did it. That run was key at the time, Sox hadn't blown it open yet. Nothing but good during his stay in Chicago.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    The Cubs are playing .400 ball right now and I'm sure A.J. was making fun of the Cubs, no doubt in my mind. He got what he deserved.
    He was making fun of the Cubs? I do not see a problem.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

after seeing the two of them being interviewed, it was clear that barrett simply overreacted...he got his butt ran over in a hard nosed play by aj...good old fashioned baseball if you ask me.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Let's get one thing straight, I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Pierzynski.

But it really showed a lack of character for Barrett to sucker punch a guy who didn't even have his arms raised in defense.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan
    Guy lays out for an important run in a huge series, shows some emotion at the same time. Don't get the criticism of his play. We loved Pete when he did it. That run was key at the time, Sox hadn't blown it open yet. Nothing but good during his stay in Chicago.
    I believe the score was 5 to zip and the Cubs are banged up and really struggling..

BTW, you can bet AJP learned his lesson about celebrating after bowling over a catcher like that.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

I believe the score was 5 to zip and the Cubs are banged up and really struggling..

BTW, you can bet AJP learned his lesson about celebrating after bowling over a catcher like that.
    Actually that was the first run of the game. And so what if the Cubs are banged up and strugging. Should the Sox take pity on them?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Re: Cubs vs White Sox fight!

That was the first run of the game. Iguchi merely slammed the nail in a couple spots later to make it 5-0. Go Sox.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Looked to me like he was even more fired up, he might do it again Barrett deserves a nice long suspension.
    Go Gators!

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Looked to me like he was even more fired up, he might do it again Barrett deserves a nice long suspension.
    Yes, Barrett deserves 30 days IMO. No one... I said no one... should be allowed to punch another player in the face like that. I do not care what he did. Esp. what AJ did... collison at plate (happens in the game), celebrates that he made it (happens in the game). Punching someopne in the face in a gutless fashion does not happen in the game and should be punished with no remorse.

I do not care about AJ's reputation. I do not care about what might have been said by AJ to Barrett after Barrett heightened the situation by grabbing AJ as AJ was going to his dugout. He punched him and he did it in a wuss-like way. Barrett needs to grow some baseballs between his legs or something.

BTW... I read Barrett's post-game comments this morning and I give him credit. He admitted that he should not have done what he did.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Jim Brewer - Ya wanna fight

Billy Martin - Nah kid, I'm just out here to get my bat.

On July 4, 1932 Bill Dickey is suspended for 30 days and fined $1,000 for breaking the jaw of the Senators' Carl Reynolds with one punch, after a collision at home plate.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    On July 4, 1932 Bill Dickey is suspended for 30 days and fined $1,000 for breaking the jaw of the Senators' Carl Reynolds with one punch, after a collision at home plate.
    Good stuff, woy.

I'll bet... Dickey did not have the wonderful Union defending his punch and requesting a hearing that would be required before the punishment can happen.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Turn Off Ads?