Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ex-Red reliever scandal

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: Ex-Red reliever scandal

I have no clue if any of it is true or not, but it wouldnt suprise me one bit. A good friend of mine works in management/promotions for a major record company and goes on the road with a very popular band and has told me just a smidge of what happens (he cant say all of it). As he put it, "Groupies are groupies." Young men who have lots of spare time and loads of money and are away from home 1/2 the year AND surrounded by these women are going to do stupid things.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    ...and Roger Clemens had nothing to do with him signing in Houston? The money probably didn't either?

c'mon.
    Pettite wooed Clemens, not the other way around.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Danny Graves is a lightning rod, disliked by more people here than who like him. I think that status he enjoys probably exaggerates the reactions to this revelation.

The day will probably come when a similarly lurid story shows up on that site or one like it about a current Reds player. It's probably a good idea to do some thinking right now about how you would react if the player implicated turned out to be one of your favorite Reds or the Red who was currently leading the club in some important statistical category.

Are you going to be the first one off of the bandwagon? Are you going to look the other way to avoid tarnishing the imaginary halo you see on that player. Or are you going to be one of the people who says, "I'll believe it when I read it in the newspaper?"

I know how I'd like to think I'd react. But I'm curious to hear how others think they'd react if that happened.

I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about... sounds like you may know something.

If I'm correct regarding said person, at least he's single.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    ...and Roger Clemens had nothing to do with him signing in Houston? The money probably didn't either?

c'mon.
    Ummm... Roger signed after Pettitte did. It was Pettitte who pulled Roger back into the game.

This is a pretty well known story in baseball. His wife gave him the choice of a divorce or to play at home where they could rebuild their trust. I always thought it was strange that Pettitte had a Christian commercial airing while he had a separate life. You just never know in baseball.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about... sounds like you may know something.

If I'm correct regarding said person, at least he's single.
    If you're referring to my post, I have no inside info and I'm truly not trying to implicate by innuendo. I'm speaking hypothetically, and yet I have no expectation that any professional sports team anywhere is comprised entirely of solid citizens who live G-rated lives.

In this society where the private lives of celebrities are less private than they've ever been, and information doesn't have to be important or true to be published, it's only a matter of time until one of our favorites gets accused of some indiscretion by a blog somewhere.

I think it's worth pondering how we'd react before that happens.

I actually heard about Danny's "extracurricular" activities four years ago from a Reds insider but I never bought the story (Danny's wife is hot and he's got four kids). I guess I should call him up and apologize for ever doubting him. I hope Danny gets what he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed75
    I actually heard about Danny's "extracurricular" activities four years ago from a Reds insider but I never bought the story (Danny's wife is hot and he's got four kids). I guess I should call him up and apologize for ever doubting him. I hope Danny gets what he deserves.
    Do any of us know for a fact that it's true now... just because we read it on the internet?

Who knows, it could have started because someone has a beef with Danny. We don't know.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Do any of us know for a fact that it's true now... just because we read it on the internet?

Who knows, it could have started because someone has a beef with Danny. We don't know.
    I say it's false until we see it in the mainstream media. It reads, "The woman is now suing said ex-Reds reliever..."

Lawsuits are public record. If she had filed a lawsuit - particularly a lawsuit this lurid - we'd know about it.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Girlfriends and mistresses of married men getting hurt or jilted? Gee... guess they should have considered that when they decided to mess with a married man. Wonder if greed drives these "ladies"? Wonder if guilt ever passes through the minds of these "ladies" or the married MLB Players who get involved with them?

These "ladies" and the MLB Players in the stories are a sad lot of people.
    Lets not excuse the ball players for mixing it up with the ladies either. Some girls think they can "break" the ballplayers marriage up and become dilluded until something like pregnancy happens.

I dont know how she could be pressured to have an abortion but I pray for that child for being an unfortunate "inconvenience" to Graves. *sigh*.

You mean all the stuff I read out here on a daily basis isn't true?
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

This gives new arguments for the traditionalist vs. statheads... (queue western music)

Danny Graves is so incredibly terrible.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    This gives new arguments for the traditionalist vs. statheads... (queue western music)
    For a minute, I was thinking about the wrong western music. I was thinking of the Country Western songs - you know your Dog dies, your girl leaves you, your out of beer........
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    You mean all the stuff I read out here on a daily basis isn't true?
    Shocking isn't it?
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?