I see some people with stories from time to time on here, and I thought I'd share mine and maybe get some suggestions.

I was traveling on my way to work this morning, on a highway going eastbound when I saw a cop passing me going westbound. We were each in the respective left lanes. I saw him spin around in the grass in my rear-view mirror after passing, make a quick u-turn but I didn't think much of it. I WAS going over the speed limit, technically, about 62 or 63 or so in a 55, but I wasn't expecting to be pulled over.

So, naturally, I get pulled over. He comes up to me and says he clocked me at 74 at the road I had passed maybe like a half mile before I even saw him coming from the OPPOSITE direction... does that make sense? First off, I thought you had to be still for a radar to register... and it does say it was a radar reading on the ticket. Secondly, I am 100000% CERTAIN I was not going 74, at least according to my speedometer. Sure, it could be wrong, but if it is 10 miles off, then I go 10 miles over everywhere, and haven't been pulled over.

He did the standard, "where ya headin', son?" and I told him I was on my way to work and explained to him what I had going on that day at work (it was important I be there at an exact time, more so today than any normal day). He said something to the extent of, "well I won't write you out a citation, but I just wanted to warn you, because that is a dangerous intersection, to take it easy".

I was quite relieved, but after he asked for my license, registration, and insurance, he went back to his car where he sat for a good 5-7 minutes....I am thinking, "gee, what's taking so long?" He comes back....with a citation in hand! I was shocked. He handed me my stuff back, just said "here's your citation", and I didn't have time to argue or anything as it was very important that I be at work in 15 minutes and I had about 12 to get there.

Does this seem weird, all things considered? He got me from a moving vehicle on the opposite side of the road, said he clocked me at 10 over what my speedometer said (I don't have a lead foot and am quite conscious of my speed at all times and recall just looking at it seconds before this all occured), said he clocked me at a road that I passed before encountering him, and the whole deal about saying he would just give me a warning, then writes one up anyway? Seems weird. I wasn't at all disrespectful toward him or anything.

To beat it all, I JUST got my latest car insurance rate a couple days ago and was very pleased with it. With things going on in my life, money is really tight for me right now. Is there anything I could do? Is this something I can possibly avoid with the circumstances? Could I call him, call the court, appear in court, do something? I am sure it would all be my word versus his word and I am sure I wouldn't win, so would it be pointless?

Sorry if this is a pointless read, but there seems to be a lot of helpful folks here, and if anyone reads this that has any suggestions, I am quite open to hearing them. Thanks much.