Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2-7 last nine, 5-10 last 15 games - why?

Re: 2-7 last nine, 5-10 last 15 games - why?

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco
    I was pretty sure KGJ had said in an interview last year or year before that these days he would feel different about NY, he doesn't hold the same animosity against the Yankees that he once did...

But, I'm too lazy to search for the link... someone has to know what i'm referring to.
    I remember that from last year...I was appalled that they didn't deal him last year to the CWS and possibly the NYY. I really wish he would make a move to LF b/c he has no business playing CF right now. He seems so tentative out there, and rightfully so. But he needs to swallow his pride and make a move that helps the team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    I remember that from last year...I was appalled that they didn't deal him last year to the CWS and possibly the NYY. I really wish he would make a move to LF b/c he has no business playing CF right now. He seems so tentative out there, and rightfully so. But he needs to swallow his pride and make a move that helps the team.
    Dunn needs to move to 1B before Griffey can move to LF. I think AK should stay in RF because his arm prevents guys going from 1st to 3rd on singles.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Dunn needs to move to 1B before Griffey can move to LF. I think AK should stay in RF because his arm prevents guys going from 1st to 3rd on singles.
    Very true. AK is our best OF right now and has a gun. Dunn to 1st and Grif to LF. Freel to CF with Deno playing there 2-3 times per week.

Very true. AK is our best OF right now and has a gun. Dunn to 1st and Grif to LF. Freel to CF with Deno playing there 2-3 times per week.
    I would like that. I have said many times before that I think Junior would be a very good defensive LFer.
    Last edited by reds44; 05-21-2006 at 06:36 PM.

I would like that. I have said many times before that I think Junior would be a very good defensive CFer.
    Jr?

Safe at Home

I think Boston would be interested in Griff. just to keep NY from getting him. And I think the Angels would take him to. The AL is the place to shop JR. if you were going to do it.

The Yanks would give you something decent for Griffey.
    That's the problem. The Yankees don't have anything decent. You can't give up 100 RBI's unless you get a real good return. The Yankees are not going to do that.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Good starting pitching and that's about it. Errors, lack of hitting with RISP, and RP stinks. Also, pretty touch schedule hasn't helped.

I'm still not sure they haven't dramatically improved. Remember the tigers have the best record in baseball and we were in everygame. Just can't get some key hits, This Reds team needs a nice winning streak. Milw, Arizona, and Cubs. They need to make hey before Houston, Cards, and White sox series.

GOREDSGO32

More I was asking how many late inning games we lost during this stretch ..

saboforthird

Are the Reds even ASKING Junior whether he wants to play LF? I know it's been brought up a few times that he was asked to play 1B, but I don't recall hearing anything about a shift to another outfield position. Seems it's OK to shift from the outfield to the infield. That implies an outfielder is aging. Shifting to another outfield position might make Junior just a tad bit sensitive about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan
    That's the problem. The Yankees don't have anything decent. You can't give up 100 RBI's unless you get a real good return. The Yankees are not going to do that.
    100 RBI if he stays healthy. If he doesn't move out of CF it will be a lot tougher to reach that milestone.
    And the Yanks do have a few pieces to deal. But not anything that would help right now.

Quote Originally Posted by saboforthird
    Are the Reds even ASKING Junior whether he wants to play LF? I know it's been brought up a few times that he was asked to play 1B, but I don't recall hearing anything about a shift to another outfield position. Seems it's OK to shift from the outfield to the infield. That implies an outfielder is aging. Shifting to another outfield position might make Junior just a tad bit sensitive about the whole thing.
    Well it's time for Junior to realize that he isn't cutting it in CF. And I really on't think that he is asking and Narron is telling him "You're Griffey Jr. You can't move out of CF".

Well it's time for Junior to realize that he isn't cutting it in CF. And I really on't think that he is asking and Narron is telling him "You're Griffey Jr. You can't move out of CF".
    Actually he could be if Narron doesn't want Dunn to play 1st. If that is the case Griffey has nowhere else to play but center.

Actually he could be if Narron doesn't want Dunn to play 1st. If that is the case Griffey has nowhere else to play but center.
    Then Narron has to take the good with the bad, since we all agree Dunn, Griffey and whoever is playing first aren't challenging for Gold Gloves at their current positions. Griffey in left and Freel/Deno in CF is a much better outfield than what is currently in place and Dunn, IMO, wouldn't be enough of a downgrade at 1st to negate the upgrade in the OF.

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    I don't have stats
    Yes you do. They're easy to find. It's simple a matter of using your Web browser to look them up.

Being outscored 82-60 hasn't helped.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?