Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cincy sports bars

Cincy sports bars

Headed into town this weekend for the Zona series and will be at the games on Saturday and Sunday. Any suggestion(s) as to the best sports bar to watch the game on Friday night? Looking for something fun and casual. Either downtown or the Newport area would be best. Thanks for the suggestions.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Zoinks!

Re: Cincy sports bars

Arnie's in Newport, across from the levee isn't bad.

I assume you mean in the downtown/northern Ky area, so that's all I named below.

Game Day, Pete Rose Way (east of GAB; this is where the post game radio show is broadcast from; it's a large facility and lots of fun)
    In-Between Tavern (right across the street from the GAB; it's fun to go here BEFORE the game; they have a fairly large outdoor courtyard)
    O'Malley's (Oregon Place, an alley off from Vine between 3rd and 4th Sts - I've never been here, but others have and like it)
    Tickets (W. 6th Street, Covington, KY)
    Willie's (Crescent Ave., Covington; huge; there's a free bus to/from the stadium)
    Champs (Hyatt Hotel, 5th Street)
    Head First (W. 3rd - I've never been here either so I have no idea what it's like)
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

GameDay and Willie's in Covington are definitely the best two...Ive been to both and they great venues

Thanks for the info...been to OMalley's and it seems like the kind of place you would die in. Actually drank there with a scout from the Nationals and the Astros pitching coach last year. That was a lot of fun. I'm trying to get the wife to go to all 3 games so the info might not be necessary. Wish me luck.

Even if you go to all three games, try the In-between Tavern before at least one of them. They have really good burgers too, if you like burgers that is.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I assume you mean in the downtown/northern Ky area, so that's all I named below.

Head First (W. 3rd - I've never been here either so I have no idea what it's like)
    Head First isn't bad. I was in there once after the softball game that closed Riverfront Stadium. I had a great time. All but I really remember is pretty cheap beer and lots of ladies underthingies stapled on the ceiling.

Turn Off Ads?