Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Ownership....

The New Ownership....

So far, so GREAT. They haven't been worried about making a move... When they've made the move... Its been the right move. Something, the old ownership didn't do.

But, I do have a question about them.

Have they come out and said anything along the lines of raising pay-roll? Cutting some pay-roll? Or staying at what we are at now.

I'm wonding because I see we need to trade this person, and this person, then this person. But... Do we REALLY need to trade them?

I'm hoping, praying, writing it down, that the new ownership is going to add payroll this off season... See we are able to keep Austin Kearns, Adam Dunn, and Lopez. And not trade them away for pichers, they go out and sign them without the trade.

By the way, Like Tracey Jones said last night - Aint nobody gonna touch Jason LaRue with his 4.5 milliol dollar salary. Jason is here to stay. Unless the Braves want to trade for him.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The New Ownership....

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    So far, so GREAT. They haven't been worried about making a move... When they've made the move... Its been the right move. Something, the old ownership didn't do.

But, I do have a question about them.

Have they come out and said anything along the lines of raising pay-roll? Cutting some pay-roll? Or staying at what we are at now.

I'm wonding because I see we need to trade this person, and this person, then this person. But... Do we REALLY need to trade them?

I'm hoping, praying, writing it down, that the new ownership is going to add payroll this off season... See we are able to keep Austin Kearns, Adam Dunn, and Lopez. And not trade them away for pichers, they go out and sign them without the trade.

By the way, Like Tracey Jones said last night - Aint nobody gonna touch Jason LaRue with his 4.5 milliol dollar salary. Jason is here to stay. Unless the Braves want to trade for him.
    I believe Bob said that, if the situation was there, he would add payroll. No #s, so we don't know if he is talking about $5 or $5 million.

The Reds aren't going to be "in it," but that shouldn't stop the Reds from making trades at the deadline that *might* add payroll. Deadline trades should be made to help the MLB product, not stock the minors. That's what the draft is for.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    The Reds aren't going to be "in it," but that shouldn't stop the Reds from making trades at the deadline that *might* add payroll. Deadline trades should be made to help the MLB product, not stock the minors. That's what the draft is for.
    So if someone comes knocking at the deadline and offers one or two prospects for RA, are you saying no?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    So if someone comes knocking at the deadline and offers one or two prospects for RA, are you saying no?
    No. But RA's not a trading chit, really.

I'm talking about real trading items: Kearns, Larue, Lopez, even Arroyo.

Sure, trade marginal guys for prospects if you want; I should have stipulated as much.

Further, I have no problem if deals involving real players (as above) bring in prospects secondarily, but the principals in those trades should be MLB-ready.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Sure, trade marginal guys for prospects if you want; I should have stipulated as much.
    I would trade LaRue for anything right now. as long as any savings will be put towards the payroll within a year.

I would trade LaRue for anything right now. as long as any savings will be put towards the payroll within a year.
    I think when Larue goes on a tear when the weather heats up, he'll be worth a decent amount--not just "anything."

Further, I have no problem if deals involving real players (as above) bring in prospects secondarily, but the principals in those trades should be MLB-ready.
    Dunn isn't a trading item?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Dunn isn't a trading item?
    Not to me, he's not.

Not to me, he's not.
    But Lopez is?

Is it because Boras is his agent? If so, then that is valid if we don't think we can resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    But Lopez is?

Is it because Boras is his agent? If so, then that is valid if we don't think we can resign him.
    Would I rather hang on to Lopez? Absolutely. But he is going to be superexpensive.

And I see nothing in the Reds pipeline that's going to produce the offensive output that Dunn is going to provide the Reds for the next few seasons.

Would I rather hang on to Lopez? Absolutely. But he is going to be superexpensive.

And I see nothing in the Reds pipeline that's going to produce the offensive output that Dunn is going to provide the Reds for the next few seasons.
    Gotcha

I think when Larue goes on a tear when the weather heats up, he'll be worth a decent amount--not just "anything."
    I think his contract is a little rich (esp next year). That's why I would deal him. I think he is at $3.9 mil this year and $5.2 mil next.

I think his contract is a little rich (esp next year). That's why I would deal him. I think he is at $3.9 mil this year and $5.2 mil next.
    If he's traded after Oct. 15, his 2007 salary will automatically increase to $5.45 million.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    If he's traded after Oct. 15, his 2007 salary will automatically increase to $5.45 million.
    I just think LaRue's $ can be better spent elsewhere. He doesn't do enough to justify his high % of payroll.

Turn Off Ads?