Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superman Returns

Superman Returns

Being a child of the 60's, Superman (and Batman) were my favorites. I was a big fan of DC Comics (Adventure, World's Finest, Action).

I really enjoyed only two of the Batman movies (the 1st one with Keaton, and Batman Returns).

I really never liked the Superman movies with Christopher Reeves. They were just too corn ball for me. So I am really looking forward to seeing the new Superman movie when it comes out June 30th.

I just saw a trailer on TV. Looked pretty awesome.

The storyline is as such...

Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

Now what I want to see is how they reconcile/explain Superman and Clark Kent's return at the same time? I mean, if Superman has been gone for the last several years, then so wouldn't Mr. Kent?

Here are some links to trailers for any that are interested. You need Quick time though...

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/82/482/summary.php

Here is a link to some still photos...

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/82/482/gal2099/
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Superman Returns

I just want to know if Superman will still stand there and let people unload clip after clip of bullets at him without flinching, but then duck when they throw the empty gun.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Looking at Bryan Singer's success with the X-Man franchise, I have rather high hopes for this one.

If I had to pick what I thought was the best super hero movie to be released during my lifetime, I'd have to go with Batman Returns.

I watched it again yesterday, and I think this was just one very well made movie.... plot, storyline, character/cast.

And I would also rank the first Spiderman right up there too.

I really wasn't a big X-Men fan growing up, but I did enjoy the movies.

The Hulk and FF movies were so-so.

I thought I read somewhere where they are planning on doing Thor?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

If I had to pick what I thought was the best super hero movie to be released during my lifetime, I'd have to go with Batman Returns.
    I finally saw Batman Begins this weekend. Wow. What a great film! With a little better editing in the fight scenes (wider angles, fewer jump cuts) it would have been on par with Spider Man and Spider Man 2.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Batman Begins needed to lose about 20 mins to be really good.

I'm glad the new Superman film is taking after at least the first 2 Superman movies, the "RESET RESET RESET" that is all over the place gets a little old sometimes.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I finally saw Batman Begins this weekend. Wow. What a great film! With a little better editing in the fight scenes (wider angles, fewer jump cuts) it would have been on par with Spider Man and Spider Man 2.
    I really enjoyed the first Batman w/ Keaton. I thought Nicholson as the Joker was excellent. And I felt that Keaton did a very good job portraying the personality disorder/complexities of Bruce Wayne.

I would love to see a Captain America. And the setting be WWII. I think they could do a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed

I'm glad the new Superman film is taking after at least the first 2 Superman movies, the "RESET RESET RESET" that is all over the place gets a little old sometimes.
    Ah, that's what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up Krono!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I just wish they could somehow erase the memories of Superman III and IV from my brain. *shudder*
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13886

IMAX Corporation and Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that Superman Returns, directed by Bryan Singer, will become the world's first live-action Hollywood feature to be converted from 2D to IMAX® 3D. IMAX Corporation will use its proprietary 2D to 3D conversion technology to convert approximately 20 minutes of the film into An IMAX 3D Experience®, the most immersive cinematic 3D in the world.

"Releasing select sequences of 'Superman Returns' in IMAX 3D marks a groundbreaking moment in movies," said Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution at Warner Bros. Pictures. "This film is going to give fans an opportunity to be immersed in a major live-action motion picture like never before."

The epic action-adventure directed by Bryan Singer ("X-Men," The Usual Suspects), will be transformed into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® through IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-Mastering) technology. The film will be simultaneously released to IMAX® and conventional theatres on June 30, 2006. Warner Bros. Pictures will be the exclusive distributor of the film to the growing IMAX theatre network worldwide.

"The test scenes that have been converted into IMAX 3D look, sound and feel absolutely amazing," added Bryan Singer, director of Superman Returns. "The magic of IMAX 3D will envelop audiences in this story, enabling them to feel the emotion, drama and suspense in a completely new and unique way."

During select sequences of the film, a visual cue designed by Singer will indicate when audiences should put on and remove their IMAX 3D glasses.

"We are delighted to partner with pioneering visionaries Bryan Singer and Warner Bros. Pictures to transform part of this highly anticipated release into An IMAX 3D Experience," said IMAX Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler. "Today's announcement is a culmination of a great film, a great filmmaker, a great studio, and great technology - all working together to produce the most powerful and immersive cinematic experience available to moviegoers worldwide."

"Five out of the seven films in our 2006 line up now feature IMAX 3D," said Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment. "We are thrilled that moviegoers will be able to experience Bryan Singer's unique and exhilarating vision. Through the magic of IMAX 3D, they will feel as if they are actually flying alongside the man of steel, weaving in and out of Metropolis."

Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

Superman Returns stars Brandon Routh (Clark Kent/Superman), Kevin Spacey, Kate Bosworth, James Marsden, Hugh Laurie, Sam Huntington and Eva Marie Saint. The film was written by Dan Harris and Mike Dougherty; produced by Gilbert Adler, Jon Peters and Bryan Singer; co-produced by Stephen Jones; and executive produced by Chris Lee.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Superman Returns stars Brandon Routh (Clark Kent/Superman), Kevin Spacey, Kate Bosworth, James Marsden, Hugh Laurie, Sam Huntington and Eva Marie Saint. The film was written by Dan Harris and Mike Dougherty;
    So Bryan Singer is finally giving ol' Cyclops something to do? Cool. He'll probably have more lines in "Superman Returns" than in all three X-men movies combined.

I'll never see this movie for the following reasons:

1. Child actor playing a prominent part.

2. Kevin Spacey: Am I the only person on earth that thinks this guy's a terrible actor? Hey, it's that guy from Seven--no, wait, the guy from Usual Suspects--wait, which movie am I watching?

Kevin Spacey is no Yul Brynner.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I just wish they could somehow erase the memories of Superman III and IV from my brain. *shudder*
    Burn them.
    Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    2. Kevin Spacey: Am I the only person on earth that thinks this guy's a terrible actor? Hey, it's that guy from Seven--no, wait, the guy from Usual Suspects--wait, which movie am I watching?
    Kevin Spacey plays Kevin Spacey in every movie that he's in -- but he's not interesting enough to pull it off the way Jack Nicholson does.

I think he's unbelievably overrated, and the only movies that I've liked him in are movies where the script and other actors around him allowed him to shine.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I'll never see this movie for the following reasons:

1. Child actor playing a prominent part.

Kevin Spacey is no Yul Brynner.
    Loved him in West World.

Turn Off Ads?