Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Kearns?

Would you trade Kearns?

Kearns is in a big time slump. We've seen this time and time again. I don't think he will ever be a consistent hitter. I would trade him now while he may have some value. Would you?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you trade Kearns?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fazio
    Kearns is in a big time slump. We've seen this time and time again. I don't think he will ever be a consistent hitter. I would trade him now while he may have some value. Would you?
    It all depends on what Kriv could get for him. I would want a starter and reliever, both in their 20s who could help the team now and who have upside for the future. I would also try and deal Grif before Kearns.

Safe at Home

Only if we get a number 2 pitcher for him or maybe a great prospect!!!

He's gone 1 game without a hit.

That's not a slump.

This is not even a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    He's gone 1 game without a hit.

That's not a slump.

This is not even a thread.
    I like Kearns as much as the next guy, but when your average drops from .339 on May 10 to .285 today, I would say he is slumping a little bit.

Not being willing to trade if you get a good offer for him (and capable bats in RF haven't been this scarce in more than a decade) is the kind of paralyzing ineptitude that helped dig the franchise into the hole in the first place.

IMO, the working plan should be to conquer the world in 2008. Kearns is a free agent after 2007. That makes him extremely expendable in my view.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

No! I would trade Dunn who is at peak value and has no other aspects to his game when he's in a batting slump, as now.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

I'd trade Dunn before Kearns, but I dunno, I really would hate to see either of them traded

I would trade anybody if another team is willing to overpay for them. Kearns is one of the last players on this team I'd want to trade though. We're finally starting to see what he's capable of doing when healthy. He's just turned 26 so he's still a couple years away from his prime years and he's probably the only player on the team besides Phillips and our catchers who rate as above average defensively. Even though Dunn is a much more dangerous offensive player he doesn't have a true position other than DH so I'd be more willing to move Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    I like Kearns as much as the next guy, but when your average drops from .339 on May 10 to .285 today, I would say he is slumping a little bit.
    Yeah.............

People go in slumps. Edwin is in a pretty bad funk himself right now, should we trade him?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    No! I would trade Dunn who is at peak value and has no other aspects to his game when he's in a batting slump, as now.
    Like getting on base and being durable?

Kearns has much less value than Dunn, and righfully so.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Hello Mini Falls City Beer....

Way to throw one of our best overall players under the bus...

Kearns is our best defensive OF, as well as currently sporting an .871 OPS. He's horrible, let's get rid of him yesterday.

Big time slump?

Yes, he has slumped over the last 7 days, no doubt. But prior to that he has played some darn good baseball.

Kearns on the year.....

AVG .285 | HR 8 | RBI 27 | OBP .362 | SLG .509 = .871 OPS

Dunn on the year....

AVG .227 | HR 15 | RBI 28 | OBP .382 | SLG .567

I highlighted the above two areas for comparison. And where has Kearns been hitting in the order at various times this season?

And who is a far superior defensive OFer of the two?

Am I advocating trading Dunn? No. Just stating he probably has more worth on the market.

It all depends on who we could get in a trade. But I doubt very much, at this early stage of the season, you'd pry a quality starting pitcher away from any team for either.

But then we could always insert the "great" Chris Denorfria into one of their slots.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Unless we got something really good for him, no I am not trading Kearns. He is one of the only two players on this team that plays anything that resembles defense, and he is by no means a bad hitter.

I would be very happy with a .280/25/80 from Kearns this year.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Yeah.............

People go in slumps. Edwin is in a pretty bad funk himself right now, should we trade him?

No.
    I never said we should trade Kearns because he is in a slump. I said Kearns is slumping, in response to another post which said he isn't in a slump.

Turn Off Ads?