Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Warner Cable is driving me insane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Time Warner Cable is driving me insane

I'm currently sitting here on hold with the 24/7 customer service line for Time Warner Cable. I've been on hold for an hour. I guess they get a lot of calls at this time of night.

I first called them at 2:00 PM today and was on hold for a half hour. When I finally got through I was switching my phone service over to digital phone and had to go through the third party verification system. When they were connecting me to the third party verification system I was disconnected. I called back and was on hold for 40 minutes before getting through and the same thing happened. I had to go to work and tried to call from there. I was on hold for a half hour before I had to hang up when the boss came by. Called back again and was on hold for 40 minutes before I scheduled to have them call me back at home at 7:15 PM, but they never called me. I called and was on hold until 24 came on, and then called back after 24 ended, and now here I am. I have spent most of my day on hold with Time Warner Cable. It is very frustrating. I keep getting this message: "Please stay on the line and a Time Warner customer representative will be with you as soon as possible." It has now been 68 minutes...what is taking them so long?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Re: Time Warner Cable is driving me insane

We've got Road Runner through Time Warner and I've found them to be responsive to IM chat at their customer response web site for all issues, internet, TV, and phone. I don't both with calling them any more.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

For a Level Playing Field

I have nothing good to say about Time Warner. Never have, never will.

Just wait, sava, until you get your "price increase" that they are so good at doing every year. More insanity for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    We've got Road Runner through Time Warner and I've found them to be responsive to IM chat at their customer response web site for all issues, internet, TV, and phone. I don't both with calling them any more.
    But if your internet is down you're in big trouble
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    But if your internet is down you're in big trouble
    Indeed. You are a perceptive old chap.

We were having lots of funky problems with our converter box and PPV channels. So they finally replaced the box.

Then, we had a lot of problems with certain channels where, if there was a lot of motion (and change) in the picture, the MPEG4 decoding would get behind and the picture would pixilate a lot. Or just freeze up for seconds. They finally revved up the amp for our neighborhood. I blamed it on my daughter's IMing.

The other thing I have is the name of the salesman who sold us our VoIP phone service. If I have a problem with anything in the TW world, I just call him and let him work their system. He probably rues the day he sold me on it. I hope he never leaves the company.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I have TWC and my biggest objection is the price and regular price increases. There is a second cable company in the city with much lower prices that is slowly working its way out to my part of the city. I call the other company about once a year with encouragement and check their web site once a month to see if they're getting closer.

AT&T is also test marketing a new IP-based video service locally that is cheaper than cable. It may get to my house faster than the second cable company.

Once either of these reaches critical mass locally, I figure that TWC will have to lower its prices to avoid losing subscribers to the new competition.

I guess my point is that help could be on the way to you, too.

There all seem to be the same IMO.

Living here in temporary housing the only thing available is Time Warner, so I got it along with RR.

In our other home (where we are rebuilding) we had Charter Communications.

So in comparison - both have terrible customer service, are expensive, and carry about 100 channels one will most likely never watch, but you have to pay for them.

I got HBO On Demand though, so I've been getting caught up on and taping the 2nd season of Deadwood.

I did get some free tix mailed to me from TWC for the Columbus Zoo last week, and a written apology, because of "lagging" wait time for customer service.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Ironically enough, I was on hold with Time Warner last night as well. Spent a good 45 minutes waiting for someone to pick up. Finally got ahold of someone. We were having problems with our internet service. The modem picked up a signal and would drop it 10 seconds later. It would stay off and then come back on for 10 seconds 5 minutes later. It was driving me insane. My wife's company pays for our internet service. I told them this was a business account and that my wife had to do her work or risk being terminated. They said that they'd get it to dispatch and someone would call us tomorrow (today, now). At about 11:50pm we heard a door slam in our driveway. I peeked outside and saw someone walking by my wife's car. Then, I heard the doorbell ring. It was the Time Warner service tech. He was there until about 12:15am, and got the line fixed. He said that the signal was weak, and he had to replace a amp on the pole or something. Scared the hell out of me when he got there. I totally wasn't expecting someone to come out that late.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 05-23-2006 at 04:18 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.

Time Warner is a sorry excuse for a company. I had Road Runner before I switched to BellSouth DSL two weeks ago I had a nightmare with them. They came out on a Monday, uninvited and said they were going to put a new line in from the hurricane Katrina. I told them that was last August. Then they saw the cable from the poll to the house on the ground and said that needed to be underground. I told them it had been that way, (on top of the ground ) for over 2 years. To make a long story short, for one week without internet service, they were eleven different people here at nine different times. They came back last week to put it underground, two more people, after I have been on DSL over a week.

BUT,,,,,,,here is my problem,,,,,with DSL. maybe someone can help me. On certain times I can not log on to Redzone. Just like today, unable all day untill about an hour ago. Was on last evening but just before the game started I couldn't log on. Any one else ever have this problem? I emailed Chip and GIK but never heard back from them. Also GAC. Maybe it's a conspiracy and they don't want me around anymore.

saboforthird

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Ironically enough, I was on hold with Time Warner last night as well. Spent a good 45 minutes waiting for someone to pick up. Finally got ahold of someone. We were having problems with our internet service. The modem picked up a signal and would drop it 10 seconds later. It would stay off and then come back on for 10 seconds 5 minutes later. It was driving me insane. My wife's company pays for our internet service. I told them this was a business account and that my wife had to do her work or risk being terminated. They said that they'd get it to dispatch and someone would call us tomorrow (today, now). At about 11:50pm we heard a door slam in our driveway. I peeked outside and saw someone walking by my wife's car. Then, I heard the doorbell ring. It was the Time Warner service tech. He was there until about 12:15am, and got the line fixed. He said that the signal was weak, and he had to replace a amp on the pole or something. Scared the hell out of me when he got there. I totally wasn't expecting someone to come out that late.
    Just be glad he didn't greet you at the front with a "wakeup call", a rifle over the shoulder, and crossbelt full of bullets.

I had a Verizon tech I know pretty well tell me that Verizon's entering the Cable market. Verizon's running a test program in Ft. Wayne and is heading south. The purpose is to combat the Time Warner Cable all in one. Verizon's looking at doing the same thing (Cable, Cable internet, Phone) all for one price and trying to keep it under $100.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I had a Verizon tech I know pretty well tell me that Verizon's entering the Cable market. Verizon's running a test program in Ft. Wayne and is heading south. The purpose is to combat the Time Warner Cable all in one. Verizon's looking at doing the same thing (Cable, Cable internet, Phone) all for one price and trying to keep it under $100.
    Verizon could probably package it with cellular phones as well, and pick up a lot more customers. Most people I know don't want to use VoIP
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

From the ad I saw Verizon is offering high speed internet for $17.99 a month now. Not sure if that's for just a few months or what, but it sure sounds better that the $40 a month I'm currently paying.

I still have RR, but I got rid of TW digital cable when they raised my rates $20. I had the "Smart House" package, but when they introduced their phone service, they said I had to get the phone service to get the "Smart House" deal. So I switched to Direct TV and have been very happy with it. In fact, TWC called to try to get me to get rid of the dish and come back to cable, offering me a really good deal. I told them that the deal sounded nice, but I don't trust them. I told the guy I wouldn't go for the deal because I was concerned that they would turn around and raise my rates again after a little while.

As far as their customer service goes, I've been stuck on hold for over 2 hours before. No thanks.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I have a buddy that will call and "threaten" to switch to dish, and every time they remarkably come up with a great package deal. I would say to try it and see if it works.

Turn Off Ads?