Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cody Ross back Wednesday?/Ross Activated Burns Optioned

Roster glue

Re: Cody Ross back Wednesday?/Ross Activated Burns Optioned

What will Cody Ross's role become the rest of the season? I envision him being the fourth OF (the obvious choice), but could this lead to dunn starting a few games at 1B and featuring Ross with Kearns and Griffey in the outfield?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Narron just confirmed this on the radio and its up on the reds site

Was coming to let you all know but as always someones on top of it
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

With the DFA of dave williams, Im kind of surprised that burns wasnt also DFA'd.....anyone think we will see burns back up here this season.....:deadhorse

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: Cody Ross back Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    I shall neg you for being a witch!
    what, he's made of wood?
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Dude is brave.
    Mercker comes up with some of the best quotes
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    Phillips worked out great and DRoss is kind of clogging up the roster since Kriv doesn't want to drop any catchers. Kriv has been lucky since there has been a lot of dead weight on the roster.
    I think that Kriv has been picking up these guys precisely because there's a lot of dead weight on the roster. It's a cheap way to incrementally improve your roster.

Some rules (like the 40 man roster, out of options) are designed to help redistribute talent to the weaker teams. Kriv is taking advantage of the system, unlike DanO, who had no clue to even try that route.

It's just so nice not to have some totally overmatched minor leaguer on the team (like Machado + Bergollia) for an extended period of time. Nice to have some depth.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    what, he's made of wood?
    No, I weigh the same as a duck!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Reds' Mercker gets lots of laughs ... except from mother-in-law
    By Hal McCoy / Staff Writer

CINCINNATI | On nights he doesn't pitch, which isn't often, Cincinnati Reds reliever Kent Mercker could appear on the HBO comedy show One Night Stand, or he could go on Jeopardy and probably win.

Mercker missed the entire 2001 season after he suffered a brain aneurysm while on the mound pitching for the Anaheim Angels. Of course, he jokes about it now as he explains how it happened.

"My brain was already full of information, and when the pitching coach came to give me one more piece of information, that was too much. My brain exploded," he said.

Mercker, 38, is scheduled to come off the disabled list (sore elbow) tonight when the Reds begin a killer stretch on their schedule, beginning with a three-game series this weekend against the Arizona Diamondbacks, leaders of the National League West.

After the Reds visit Chicago to start next week, June arrives and the schedule tightens down: Houston, St. Louis, the Chicago White Sox, the New York Mets and two series against Cleveland.

"It'll be good to get Mercker back so we have another good, solid left-hander in the bullpen," Reds manager Jerry Narron said.

And it will be good to have him on the road next week in Chicago, Houston and St. Louis. His pitching and his humor were missed when the Reds went 2-4 on a trip to Pittsburgh and Detroit.

Mercker threw in the bullpen Monday and said, "I threw about 38 pitches, which is about two-thirds of an inning for me. I need to build that up to 50."

He threw again Wednesday, and when asked if he got it up to 50, he said, "Fifty miles an hour? Almost. Oh, you mean pitches? Well, I aired it out today, threw hard until I got tired."

Asked when he got tired, he said, "After seven pitches."

It also was Mercker who said he had an MRI, and the doctor told him he had an old elbow. Said Mercker, "I could have saved you $700 and 45 minutes. I have an old elbow, old feet, old knees and an old wife."

Mercker said his wife received nine phone calls before 8 a.m. the next morning when that appeared in the newspaper and, "My mother-in-law called — called me a foul name and hung up."
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...26redsweb.html
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?