Turn Off Ads?

Thread: greater offensive upside.

greater offensive upside.

Right now the Reds boast an infield (minus 1B) with three player under 26. But which of the three has the greates upside offensively? EE seems to have the most power, but Felo isn't exactly lacking. EE and FeLo both have mad OB skills. FeLo and BP both have tremendous speed with a knack for the SB. All three are OPSing .810 or above.

So, rank them in your humble opinions on offensive upside alone.

Also add why you ranked them thusly.
    Last edited by TRF; 05-23-2006 at 03:11 PM.
    Suck it up cupcake.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: greater offensive upside.

1. EE
    2. Felo
    3. Phillips

On offensive upside alone:

1. EE
    2. FeLo
    3. BP

On offensive upside in the context of their position:

1. FeLo
    2. EE
    3. BP

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    1. EE
    2. Felo
    3. Phillips
    Agreed.
    Go Gators!

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Well that's easy, it's the guy who is basically already a complete offensive package.

1.) FeLo
    2.) BP
    3.) EE

I know, I know I will likely get dragged over the coals for this. However Felipe can and will do it all offensively in baseball. He can hit for average, power or situationally (and actually all at the same time). He knows the strike zone & is very disciplined within it, can steal bases (at will lately) and he runs the bases well. He's ideal or could be if need be in any spot in the lineup. Plus he can do all of this from either side of the plate. Put him at 2B and he might be a HOFer some day. And for anyone who doesn't believe it just watch the kid, he almost always puts the ball were they ain't and when it calls for it he is able to put some power on it into the alleys or out of the park.

EE & BP is really a coin flip at this juncture although it's mainly a question of what you want. I will go with BP just inching out EE for the same reason I have FeLo #1, I really like guys who have versatility and I think BP is far better in that aspect. Overall though EE might come out on top because what he ultimately may become although less versatile is a power player who drives in those Felipe's and BP's.

Just imagine these 3 staying together in that infield for the next 10 years, that would be awesome.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

1. Felipe Lopez-he has great range, but still makes some errors, and he is way above avg. for a ss in hitting, an all-star for years
    2 (tie) ee. great range, would be a great 1b, arm is a little erratic, solid at the plate
    2. (tie) phillips awesome in the field would project as a great ss, 3b might not be bad for him. offense wise he is the worst of the three, but is still above avg for a 2b

i like the three for the years to come

Lopez is pretty close to his optimum offensive output. I think he'll be a very good fielder with more experience -- he certainly has the work ethic and the drive to improve.

EE has a higher ceiling in terms of power, but doesn't possess the speed of Lopez, and I don't think he'll be quite the disciplined hitter that Lopez is. He'll be close, though.

Both are head and shoulders ahead of Phillips. Brandon can crush fastballs, but gets fooled easily by sliders. He has surprised me the past couple of days with his ability to hit line drives to opposite field. His glove is very good -- better than EE and Lopez, but I don't see him becoming anything more than a decent hitter.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

EE will get better; he's just a puppy and this will be his first entire season.

Maybe the same can be said of BP, I don't know.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?