Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob Brenly On WGN

Bob Brenly On WGN

Right before the pitch that became Griffey's HR, Brenly said it would be a good spot for Griffey to lay down a bunt.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bob Brenly On WGN

He was on Dunn alot tonight about the strikeouts, especially looking. What's his moniker on here?
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

One Man Army

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    Right before the pitch that became Griffey's HR, Brenly said it would be a good spot for Griffey to lay down a bunt.
    Poor man has been watching too much of the Cubs this season.

Brenley and Casper,the two worst baseball broadcasters on the air.Plus they even have a podcast they advertise.

I read something last week that suggested that if Big Dust is fired, that Brenly should replace him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Hap

It was halarious! He was in the middle of saying it and Griffey jacked it. He goes "Nevermind" then Len said "The Cubs wish he would have laid down a bunt".

baha
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

the sad thing is Brenley is pretty much the best tv announcer the cubs have have had since i moved here in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by top6
    the sad thing is Brenley is pretty much the best tv announcer the cubs have have had since i moved here in 2000.
    Steve Stone was good.

Raise your hand if you watched WGN instead of FSN tonight when you had a chance to watch either. (Even though the WGN picture was worse, atleast at my house).

One Man Army

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy
    Brenley and Casper,the two worst baseball broadcasters on the air.Plus they even have a podcast they advertise.
    Actually, I'll give them credit. Kasper was fresh-arrived from Florida last season, where no one even bothered watching the games. He's done a pretty good job getting a feel for the Chicago job, given the bigger market and more scrutinizing fans. He's also frequented a bunch of the Cubs fan sites (Cubs.com, NSBB, Desipio, etc) and done interviews on them, which is pretty cool. Plus, he's made an effort to incorporate stuff like OBP and OPS into his broadcasts. That and he had the easiest broadcasting act to follow in Chip Caray as PBP man.

Brenly...well, he's got the opposite problem. Steve Stone was tremendous, albeit a tad gimmicky. Brenly is decent and not as bad as, say, Joe Carter. He's improved from last season and actually has made some decent points in the times I've watched. He's slightly above average compared to most of the other color guys out there, in my opinion.

Steve Stone was good.
    Good one!

Rem

Steve Stone was good.
    That's hillarious...........i think steve stone lives to rip on the reds, if i ever saw him in person, it would take a lot to restrain myself from performing an act of violence on him.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    Raise your hand if you watched WGN instead of FSN tonight when you had a chance to watch either. (Even though the WGN picture was worse, atleast at my house).

*hand raised*

Nice to take a night off of the FSN Guys, even if the cub guys are just as bad.
    Go Gators!

For a Level Playing Field

Hey now... this Ohio University alum doesn't like to see a fellow Bobcat get ripped. We all know that Bob Brenly studied hard while at Ohio U., right?

Before that pitch to Junior he might have had a Bong-Hill flashback....

I know I'm risking crossing the streams here, but the Cubs announcers were all over Dunn for taking so many pitches.

And I did blip back and forth between WGN and FSO. I thought the WGN guys were pretty bland. I preferred the old ungodly opinionated homer ones because it was easy to get a good case of the goo against them and yell at the TV.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?