Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting my Felipe Lopez bobblehead autographed

Getting my Felipe Lopez bobblehead autographed

If I want to get my Felipe Lopez bobblehead autographed, how early do I need to get there? and where should I go?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Getting my Felipe Lopez bobblehead autographed

A lot of people are going to tell you that you're nuts. And while it's true that snagging an autograph, especially a specific one, during a certain game is unlikely, I clearly remember guys like Dunn, Casey and Griffey during pre-game TV coverage signing their bobbleheads and figurines.

Try to hit the first-base dugout (the Reds) toward right field. If they're going to sign, that's probably the most likely place.

Gates open two hours early. Try to get there as early as possible.

And good luck!

Thanks! I'm going to get there about an hr and a 1/2 before game time. I'm pretty sure that the reds will be in the clubhouse as they will be done with batting practice. I'll let you know if I get it signed.

At the old stadium you used to be able to get autographs from players after the game in the players parking lot (I think thats what it was), but I dont think they do that at GABP.

Down the first base line anywhere from 3-5 Reds sign at just about every home game. I've seen essentially every player on the team save Dunn and Junior [no thats not a bash, just a statement on what I've seen] signing. Freel and Casey signed most everytime I was there, but I've seen a lot of them. Last year my wife got Harang, Claussen, Freel, Casey, LaRue, Pena, Olmedo and a few others I can't recall [no we don't sell things, we just put the ball in the old trophy case] so I'm sure you can get FeLo at some point.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    Down the first base line anywhere from 3-5 Reds sign at just about every home game. I've seen essentially every player on the team save Dunn and Junior [no thats not a bash, just a statement on what I've seen] signing. Freel and Casey signed most everytime I was there, but I've seen a lot of them. Last year my wife got Harang, Claussen, Freel, Casey, LaRue, Pena, Olmedo and a few others I can't recall [no we don't sell things, we just put the ball in the old trophy case] so I'm sure you can get FeLo at some point.

The gates open 2 hours early how can I get an autograph from 3-5?

Fe Lo didnt sign any bobbleheads tonight, I think he was mad bout not playing.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon4MVP
    The gates open 2 hours early how can I get an autograph from 3-5?
    He said 3-5 players signing, not players signing from 3-5.

jr cant sign unless its a certain card....does anyone have more details on that?
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon4MVP
    Fe Lo didnt sign any bobbleheads tonight, I think he was mad bout not playing.
    That's wierd. On the broadcast George made a point about mentioning how Felipe signed before the game. Guess he must have mixed them up or something. I'm sure if you are dedicated you'll be able to get the bobblehead signed sometime, even if you have to wait until Redsfest (assuming it comes back).

Quote Originally Posted by penantboundreds
    jr cant sign unless its a certain card....does anyone have more details on that?
    Jr. is signed to a contract with Upper Deck. The purpose of the contract is to limit the amount of his autographs that make it out to the market. Therefore, UD can sell his authentic autographs and they will stay higher in value since the market is limited. I have heard many variations about what he can and cannot sign so I'm not sure exactly what is and isn't true and I don't think anyone knows for certain except for someone close to Junior, his agent, or UD.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    Jr. is signed to a contract with Upper Deck. The purpose of the contract is to limit the amount of his autographs that make it out to the market. Therefore, UD can sell his authentic autographs and they will stay higher in value since the market is limited. I have heard many variations about what he can and cannot sign so I'm not sure exactly what is and isn't true and I don't think anyone knows for certain except for someone close to Junior, his agent, or UD.
    If I made it big as a professional baseball player, which was always my dream, there is no way in HELL I would sign one of those contracts. I could go on a 3 paragraph diatribe about this, but let's just say that it is almost sinful for a professional baseball player, what with his 5 mil per year salary and other endorsements, to turn away a 8 year old kid with a topps card because he has a contract with donruss.

Topics like this make me hate professional sports in general.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski
    If I made it big as a professional baseball player, which was always my dream, there is no way in HELL I would sign one of those contracts. I could go on a 3 paragraph diatribe about this, but let's just say that it is almost sinful for a professional baseball player, what with his 5 mil per year salary and other endorsements, to turn away a 8 year old kid with a topps card because he has a contract with donruss.

Just to make your point more valid...12.5 mil

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski

I really have no problem with Griffey not signing. This is not new news. If anyone has ever been to a Reds game, they would realize this. Griffey just does not sign autographs before games. If Griffey did sign autographs, I am sure there would be threads about how Griffey is an *ss because he did not sign my kids forehead.

A good friend of mine "knows" Griffey... (well his wife does). They have his cell number and can call him whenever they want and often call for free tix. One time I went with them to a game. They go down to the field to the right of dugout before the game and tell one Reds employees to tell Griffey that "so and so is here" and wants to talk to him. Griffey comes out and near chaos erupts as kids swarm thinking Griffey is signing autographs. Ushers/Security swarm as well... but he does not sign any autographs. Kids are a little disappointed... but everyone gets within 10-15 feet of the great one. Kids are probably a little disappointed that they did not get his auto... but nobody did. If you really want an autograph, buy one on ebay.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Allow me to fill you in on a little Reds autograph acquring secret. If you are able to track down Austin Kearns before a game (and if you do this, have something for him to sign, it's only polite) ask him if when he's done signing if he could take the bobblehead to Felipe to get it signed. Austin is usually really good about going into the dugout/locker room and returning with an autographed item from other players. He's always come through for me anyway.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?