Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why isn't Valentin catching for Ramirez tonight?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why isn't Valentin catching for Ramirez tonight?

I have looked around the board and I haven't seen anywhere why Valentin isn't catching Ramirez tonight. Is he hurt, on his way out, or something else? I doubt he is getting he getting a night off becuase it doesn't make sense because he doesn't play other than when he catches Ramirez or pinch-hits.

Re: Why isn't Valentin catching for Ramirez tonight?

Because he rots batting vs LH's.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    That's an insult to Rot.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    On the money. But funny thing is LaPew has an OPS of .407 against lefties. You read that correctly. .407.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    On the money. But funny thing is LaPew has an OPS of .407 against lefties. You read that correctly. .407.
    And LaRue has an OBP of .217 vs Valentin with an OBP of .200. I think we may have to look beyond Valentin's hitting to see why he wasn't playing tonight, if we look at this year's stats.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    And LaRue has an OBP of .217 vs Valentin with an OBP of .200. I think we may have to look beyond Valentin's hitting to see why he wasn't playing tonight, if we look at this year's stats.
    Valentin never hit LHPs, so I think that's why he wasn't playing. But I don't see why he doesn't get more ABs vs RHPs.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44

I took to calling him LaRue-isville a couple of years ago during one of his prolonged slumps.

Any chance Valentine is being sat to give LaRue more playing time to bolster any trade value he might have? I know that is Machavellian but I am convinced one of the catchers (IMO LaRue) will be packaged in a deal for bullpen help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Any chance Valentine is being sat to give LaRue more playing time to bolster any trade value he might have? I know that is Machavellian but I am convinced one of the catchers (IMO LaRue) will be packaged in a deal for bullpen help.
    No. They said during the game it was because a lefty was on the mound for the Brewers.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Nah the post about how Valentin rots vs LHP is Right on the money, and is WHY he didnt catch for Rameriz today.

And chances are now that Rameriz showed he dont need Valentin, chances are he may not catch again for the Reds when Mercker comes off the DL tomorrow.
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?