Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All Heart!

All Heart!

Hopefully this shows up...This is inspiring to me...Junior jumping to catch a ball on the run over his shoulder...after what he has been through, he is HEART!

And on't discount this one either!

Last edited by MartyFan; 05-23-2006 at 10:01 PM.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: All Heart!

162 Games, All Heart!

Plays the game how it's supposed to be played. Even with his recent injury history I still love to see him lay out and sacrifice his body (I know you all cringe.) Many people favor Freel and Denorfia in CF in the near future, which we won't get into that....but you can't replace his bat, especially in these clutch at bats that he has been rising up to. Gotta love the Kid.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

He is truely one of the good ones.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Great pics MartyFan.....thanks for posting them. After he made that play tonight, my first thought was that I'm glad we weren't playing in Philly. Looked like a carbon copy of the play where Rowand broke his nose.

Love to see Junior proving his critics wrong once again.

Quote Originally Posted by fisch11
    Plays the game how it's supposed to be played. Even with his recent injury history I still love to see him lay out and sacrifice his body (I know you all cringe.) Many people favor Freel and Denorfia in CF in the near future, which we won't get into that....but you can't replace his bat, especially in these clutch at bats that he has been rising up to. Gotta love the Kid.
    Nobody is saying take him out of the lineup. They're saying move him to left and put Dunn at first.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

"More heart than Hallmark on Valentine's Day"
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Nobody is saying take him out of the lineup. They're saying move him to left and put Dunn at first.
    That takes Aurilia's bat out of the lineup. Not sure I am willing to back that up.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    That takes Aurilia's bat out of the lineup. Not sure I am willing to back that up.
    I've seen it too many times. Jr looking great and then destroys one of his legs. But we've all been through this argument before, so I'll give up for now.

I'll prob regret bringing this up, and perhaps it's already been discussed to death, but if Dunn, JR or anybody else is moved to first what happens to the Aurlia/Hattiburg platoon? While they aren't superstars, they provide consistant hitting, timely hitting to the lineup. They both know how to work an AB and make the pitcher burn up pitches.

If you put someone else at first, you can still platoon with Aurlia and make Hattiburg your pitch hitter type, but again you take two consistant contact hitters out of the line up on a daily basis. To get them in you have to take Dunn, Philips, EE or Lopez out of the line up.

Just my $.02.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 05-23-2006 at 10:31 PM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Makes Aurilia a sub, I think he does better like that.

Improves the D tremendously.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    I've seen it too many times. Jr looking great and then destroys one of his legs. But we've all been through this argument before, so I'll give up for now.
    I just can't buy the idea that Junior playing left is any less risky than playing center. He may have a little less ground to cover but he is still using his legs in the same fashion. If anything, I'd rather see him moved to first.....only not during mid-season.

For now, let's just have a little faith.

I just can't buy the idea that Junior playing left is any less risky than playing center. He may have a little less ground to cover but he is still using his legs in the same fashion. If anything, I'd rather see him moved to first.....only not during mid-season.

For now, let's just have a little faith.
    He won't have to run for as many balls as well as having less ground to cover. That's my thought process. And faith went out the window a few years ago. For now I am enjoying the ride, as always. But I cringe every time the ball is hit in the gap.

Great pics MartyFan.....thanks for posting them. After he made that play tonight, my first thought was that I'm glad we weren't playing in Philly. Looked like a carbon copy of the play where Rowand broke his nose.

Love to see Junior proving his critics wrong once again.
    IIRC, Rowand ran into the BP fence. It was one of those Cyclone type fences.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 05-23-2006 at 11:28 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    IIRC, Rowand ran into the BP fence. It was one of those Cyclone type fences.
    Yeah, you're correct. I just saw the similarity in that they both went into the fence face first.

Turn Off Ads?