Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gammons: Brewers have more staying power than Reds (ESPN News)

Re: Gammons: Brewers have more staying power than Reds (ESPN News)

Gammons did say last night what a joy it was to watch Griffey play the OF. I actually always though Gammons was ok on the Reds. I mean we stunk for years. We were lucky to get any face time, but lately we're on every night. If it wasn't for Detroit it would be even more.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds will finish higher than the Brewers as long as they have a special assistant named Dan O'Brien.
    Last edited by Strikes Out Looking; 05-24-2006 at 04:39 PM.
    Win the Division

Quote Originally Posted by Centralchamps05
    The Reds will finsih higher than the Brewers as long as they have a special assistant named Dan O'Brien.
    He sure is special...
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    Gammons is entitled to change his opinion, just like we are. I remember a lot of people around here were none too thrilled with the firesale when it happened, either.
    No question. But I would respect him a lot more if he would note something like "hey, I killed them back in 2003 for this, but Harang has been far better than I thought he would be and the Reds have benefited"...matter of fact, that would make me enjoy his analysis even more, whether it was about the Reds or any other team.

Having a strong opinion? No problem. Pretending, after facts are in when you were wrong in your previous opinion that the previous opinion in fact did not exist? Less OK.

Here would be a fun exercise for the national types...WHY are the Reds confounding their expectations, maybe spend a minute or two on it, that's all. Won't be too hard.

Perhaps the team won't keep it up, many of us, including myself, believe that to still be the case, and yet, have had to admit that the team has far exceeded expectations so far. The reasons for that are rather interesting, actually.

And, props to whoever up thread noted that if the Phillips thing had happened in reverse that the carcass of Reds executives would be hanging from every Gammons column and piece. Cleveland really screwed up with him. Even if he regresses at this point, Cincy has gotten a rather stout bit of production from Phillips, both offensively and defensively, for absolutely nothing. Pretty feckin' brilliant, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Centralchamps05
    The Reds will finsih higher than the Brewers as long as they have a special assistant named Dan O'Brien.
    Dan O curses teams.
    Go Gators!

I was thrilled with the trade for Harang. In Fact I was thrilled with the Boone and Williamson trades too. Still am. Which is odd because despite the fact that Arroyo is pitching ver well, I wasn't too happy about that one, and continue to think the Reds should have gotten more.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Aren't the Brewers looking at Dave Williams?

Nuff said.

And what ex-Reds GM now works for the Brewers?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Frightening how much he looks like England Dan in that caricature.

Or is it John Ford Coley?
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Im of the school who thinks Gammons should rock that sweet 'stache again.

Turn Off Ads?