Since I find myself repeating the same statements every day, I'm just going to post what my feelings about many of the arguments/discussions currently running rampant on the board and then, hopefully, I can get back to rooting on the team towards the playoffs. After reading one of the threads on the ORG board I can see where the never ending BS about the same subjects can get annoying. If you want to rename this thread "Steel Cage Battle Royal", we can all brawl in this thread about everything and anything regarding the Reds. The game threads used to be a lot better when they didn't turn into chat rooms...that was something that really made sense when I read it. Threads are what hey are...threads about the game. I think I was one of those violators, using the thread as my personal microphone. And the threads in Reds Live have sucked this week, though tonight's was a bit better. Here it goes:
1) First and foremost, the bullpen: It is quite obvious that the BP is a disaster. Todd Coffey is our best reliever and his last two outings he was used to protect 4 and 5 run leads. Scary. Tonight I can see since he hadn't pitched since Friday. But Friday's appearance was completely unwarranted, especially since he had pitched a lot recently. That just shows the current state of the bullpen. Coffey throws a lot of multi-inning games and they better get him some help or else he will be very, very tired during the stretch run. It boggles my mind that our BP has had this many useless pitchers. How did Burns have a job? How does White still have one? Kriv has to get some help there or else it will be a long summer. Getting Willis wouldn't mean squat if we have RW coming in after him.
2) Junior in CF: Again, a topic that has been beaten to death. I honestly can't see him being completely healthy for the rest of the season if he remains in CF. I think that if he is the reason why he hasn't moved to LF then he needs an ego check. If management hasn't approached him about it, then maybe it's time. Even a few times per week would help. The guy had a mystery knee injury that held him out for weeks earlier this season, after he was supposed to take a day off. He isn't exactly Ripken or Gehrig and we have seen over the past few games how important his bat can be. It would be a shame to see him pull a hammy running for a blooper in left center. Then we would be forced to see if all those fables about The Great Denorfia would be true.
3) Dunn: Dunn is what he is. Hits bombs, takes walks and strikes out a whole lot. Once we all face facts, it will be a lot less stressful the next time he whiffs with RISP. The shame of it all is if he hit for a higher average, he would be Pujols Jr, which would be great. But he is Adam Dunn, he of the 140 BBs, 180Ks and 45 HRs.
4) Fielding: The infield is young! EdE and FeLo are very young and have great futures ahead of them. Obviously (hopefully?) they will get better, but let us enjoy their bats and sparkling plays for now. They will get better...trust me.
5) Catching situation: No idea here...still gets me why we have all these guys.
6) Rick White: Hopefully Mercker pushes this guy into the glue factory. If he doesn't, I'll probably lose it.
7) MLB Draft: If they don't draft a top college pitcher and go after some bargain HS pitcher, I'll lose it more than if White sticks around for a few more weeks.
8) Chris Denorfia: I love the Deno jokes, they crack me up. Though I think he brings more value to this team than Q does, jokes aside.
That's it...thanks for listening.