Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Today's game

Today's game

Quick question. Plan on going to tonights game. Does anybody know if it is sold out?
    We'll win it all next year...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Today's game

I think its FeLo bobble head night, so it might get close. I don't think its sold out now, but I'd expect a big walk up. You could always buy tickets off Reds.mlb.com and print them yourself. It will save you having to wait in line to buy tickets. I did it earlier this year, and it works like a charm.

$5 dollar tickets sold out in 45 minutes this morning Thanks for the info though!
    We'll win it all next year...

I'm going tonight as part of Lance McAllister's HOMER outing. We got leftfield seats normally $18 for $9 bucks. Sweet deal! Plus it's a bobblehead night which I did not know until after I bought the tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by bthomasiscool
    $5 dollar tickets sold out in 45 minutes this morning Thanks for the info though!
    wanna go to the game for free?

Wait outside the gate and see if anyone is leaving with a stack of bobbleheads they are putting on eBay. (ain't capitalism great?) After they get their bobble heads, they usually turn around and leave. They will practically give you the tickets as they are heading to the car. Remember, they used one to get in and the rest to get bobbleheads.

I'll never forget Johnny Bench Bobblehead day at Cinergy. The notch was out, so it was down to 40,000. I walked up to get tickets and some guy with SIX bobbleheads hands me two tickets. They weren't ripped. So I go up to the ticket taker and he ripped them. Two blue seats third base line. Great seats.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I'll never forget Johnny Bench Bobblehead day at Cinergy. The notch was out, so it was down to 40,000. I walked up to get tickets and some guy with SIX bobbleheads hands me two tickets. They weren't ripped. So I go up to the ticket taker and he ripped them. Two blue seats third base line. Great seats.
    They just scan tickets nowadays. Not sure if this will work anymore b/c the computer system knows that a ticket has already been scanned.

Then again... I am wrong a lot, so who knows!!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    They just scan tickets nowadays. Not sure if this will work anymore b/c the computer system knows that a ticket has already been scanned.

Then again... I am wrong a lot, so who knows!!
    I think you are right, but you only need one to get in, who knows.

Somebody spent money for them I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    wanna go to the game for free?

Wait outside the gate and see if anyone is leaving with a stack of bobbleheads they are putting on eBay. (ain't capitalism great?) After they get their bobble heads, they usually turn around and leave. They will practically give you the tickets as they are heading to the car. Remember, they used one to get in and the rest to get bobbleheads.

How did he get into the park without the tickets being ripped? I've never seen that happen.

When I was a season ticket holder, I often went to games alone even though I had two seats. If I wanted to get a second promotional item with the unused ticket, I never had a problem... but they ALWAYS ripped the ticket.

Thus, I think you got lucky. I certainly wouldn't depend on that plan.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    How did he get into the park without the tickets being ripped? I've never seen that happen.

When I was a season ticket holder, I often went to games alone even though I had two seats. If I wanted to get a second promotional item with the unused ticket, I never had a problem... but they ALWAYS ripped the ticket.

Thus, I think you got lucky. I certainly wouldn't depend on that plan.
    TB, I would agree that's the case, but I went on another bobblehead night and someone got tickets handed to them (had small kids) - this is with those scanners - and they walked right in and scanned "good".

I think with the scanners these days - they just scan the one and the rest are "good".

I'd spend the $9 and sit in the bleachers, but I'm sure someone's gonna be stupid enough to by a $60 dugout bleacher and think they can make it up on eBay.

Turn Off Ads?