Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purging some of my memorabilia

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Purging some of my memorabilia

* Edited for violating rule #6.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Purging some of my memorabilia

I see your point as far as editing the post but that is not a "personal" web site. I do understand though and have no problem with it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Unless you meant rule #5 which John was in violation of....
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Semantics. The intent of that rule is to avoid people making a post, or a thread for the sole purpose of pimping an outside interest.

BTW I am going to the game tonight. I will be home all week. I believe I will be in section 121 row BB.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Semantics. The intent of that rule is to avoid people making a post, or a thread for the sole purpose of pimping an outside interest.
    You're right. No problem with it at all. Wish I had read the rules before I posted. Moderators have always been great to me so I have no reason to complain.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    I'm not sure I understand the harm in this.

Is it possible to add a "Reds Marketplace" section to your board Ochre for people looking for or to get rid of memorabilia? It seems like a nice gesture to offer some cool stuff to Redszone members before going the ebay route. Just curious.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I'm not sure I understand the harm in this.

Is it possible to add a "Reds Marketplace" section to your board Ochre for people looking for or to get rid of memorabilia? It seems like a nice gesture to offer some cool stuff to Redszone members before going the ebay route. Just curious.
    I agree. Even a ticket swap section could be in that same part. I know it isn't a huge deal for away fans to get tickets here except for Cubs fans, but I really like it on football sites where people only want to sell or trade to like fans so they dont give seats to opposing team, like the stoolers.

University of Cincinnati

I also agree, I dont seem any harm in posting a site for memorabilia or for tickets. I think Savafan's and AvesIce51's ideas are great. Adding a "Reds Marketplace" where you can do things such as this would be a great way to connect all of us for things such as above."
    THE University of Cincinnati

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    I also agree, I dont seem any harm in posting a site for memorabilia or for tickets. I think Savafan's and AvesIce51's ideas are great. Adding a "Reds Marketplace" where you can do things such as this would be a great way to connect all of us for things such as above."
    I agree too. I think there should be reputation point minimum for sellers though. Perhaps the 200-point thing or maybe 100-points. This will keep money-making-types away from the board (hate those types!).... the types that join only to make a profit. I think a lot of us diehards would like an opportunity to pick up some quality REDS stuff from other diehard fans.

I don't see any harm in it either, as long as the actual sale takes place via PM and a post is included to say the item(s) is sold... surplus tickets are often sold to posters on the board. And no one has a problem requesting posters going to the game to see if they can pick up a promotional item for them.

Also, I kind of like having first dibs on Reds stuff that I might be interested in... including posters who sell stuff on ebay. Knowing it's there is a big help to me as I don't peruse sports memorabilia every day on ebay.

A Reds Marketplace section is a great idea.

One thing that would bother me though is if someone comes on the board only with the intent to sell. I wouldn't like that and I've already seen it with one or two people. Trying to sell an item is the only time they've posted.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    One thing that would bother me though is if someone comes on the board only with the intent to sell. I wouldn't like that and I've already seen it with one or two people. Trying to sell an item is the only time they've posted.
    Perhaps RedFanAlways1966's reputation minimum for such posts, or a minimum post requirement before being able to make such a post would be a good idea. I think it would also be necessary for there to be a disclaimer that all transactions made between two parties are between those two parties and not the liability of redszone.com or it's administrators.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Perhaps RedFanAlways1966's reputation minimum for such posts, or a minimum post requirement before being able to make such a post would be a good idea. I think it would also be necessary for there to be a disclaimer that all transactions made between two parties are between those two parties and not the liability of redszone.com or it's administrators.

2006 Redszone. Patent Pending. Redszone and Redszone logo are trademarked symbols of Boss-Hogg and Hogg Enterprises.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

That's a good idea.

Would the disclaimer be needed if all sales were done privately via PM or email and not on the board?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Sons of Sam Horn (Red Sox fan board) has a ticket exchange section with a disclaimer. They do not have a memorabilia section.

www.sonsofsamhorn.com
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    BTW I am going to the game tonight. I will be home all week. I believe I will be in section 121 row BB.
    Team Clark

Is row BB the second row or is it past row Z. I am just wondering because I have some tickts this year in row BB for the Indians game.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Turn Off Ads?