Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds need to go 3-3 the rest of May to stay on pace for 90 wins.

Leading league in hotness

Reds need to go 3-3 the rest of May to stay on pace for 90 wins.

For as bad a May as it may have seemed, we still only need 3 more wins with 6 games left to play to stay on pace for 90W. (15 wins a month for 7 months) We won 17 in April, and we have 10 W's in May (10-12 record).

We play 3 against Zona (we should scratch out AT LEAST one) and 3 against the Scrubs (a series where we should win AT LEAST two). Plus, we are still leading the Wild Card! Just thought I'd bring the good news!
    Da Bulls
    Da Bears
    Da Reds?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: May

I love your optimism. I really, really hope the Reds are right up there in the Wild Card standings come late July. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I have no idea what is going to happen and who the Reds would be getting. The city of Cincinnati and all Reds fans really deserve some good happenings and hopefully they'll come soon.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Re: Reds need to go 3-3 the rest of May to stay on pace for 90 wins.

I know it's too early to tell but I am excited and think that we have a very good core of young players that can serve us well for a long time. Just think that if the group of Lopez, Philips, EE, Aurroyo, Hurrang, Kerans, et al can really jell, and continue to delvelop....what a great group of guys to build around.

We are less than 5 months away from the ragime of DanO. Look at how we've progressed. Yes, major pitching issues and major D issues to work out, but considering the mess we were just in, what an improvement.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

The key to winning 90 games is to take five out of every nine games. It's amazing how subtle 90 wins can be.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Safe at Home

Yeah I think we should win 2 games in both of those series...Go REDS! We have been scoring some runs this homestand.

Ive been saying this for 2 months lol.........this is what I was going on this year.

As for getting to 30 Wins this month.... which is the main goal to maintain a 15 win avg over each month... so next months goal is 45.

Anyways. Id rather see us take 2 of 3 from the Dbacks and the Cubbies totalling 4 WINS and 14 on the month.
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

correct me if my math is wrong but isn't 15 wins a month for 7 months 105 wins not 90

Quote Originally Posted by E. Davis 44
    correct me if my math is wrong but isn't 15 wins a month for 7 months 105 wins not 90
    The regular season is 6 months, April thru September.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Man I'd love to see the Reds get above .500 for the month.

My goal is still 82-80
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    My goal is still 82-80
    This is my Goal too......"Above .500"

However I feel the longer we can get 15 Wins a month and stay on pace for 90 wins, then the longer we have a chance of STAYING above .500 and possilbly being right in the mix for a wild card at seasons end
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?