Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wily Wily Wily

Wily Wily Wily

Anyone see Wily Mo's bonehead play on the bases tonight? Down 2 in the bottom of the 8th, Pena on 3rd (either runners on 2nd and 3rd or bases loaded) and Farnsworth throws a wild pitch. Pena didn't even move. Didn't even take a step towards home. The 3rd base coach almost picked him up and dragged him towards the plate. He ends up not scoring that inning. They didn't score in the 9th so it didn't end up being as important as it could have been, but it just proves everyone's favorite theory that Arroyo > Wily Mo.

Update: It was 2nd and 3rd with 2 out. He would have scored easily.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wily Wily Wily

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    Anyone see Wily Mo's bonehead play on the bases tonight? Down 2 in the bottom of the 8th, Pena on 3rd (either runners on 2nd and 3rd or bases loaded) and Farnsworth throws a wild pitch. Pena didn't even move. Didn't even take a step towards home. The 3rd base coach almost picked him up and dragged him towards the plate. He ends up not scoring that inning. They didn't score in the 9th so it didn't end up being as important as it could have been, but it just proves everyone's favorite theory that Arroyo > Wily Mo.

Update: It was 2nd and 3rd with 2 out. He would have scored easily.
    Oh, Wily Mo! That's pretty funny, hope to seen is on ESPN. I hope Wily Mo does well because he's fun to watch him hit it, but Good Night, he has no idea he's playing the game of baseball. His baseball IQ is equivalent to a pre-schooler.

Oh wow, while writing this, I just saw an earlier clip of Wily Mo having a ball bounce off his glove for a homer. That's hilarious.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

And they still would have lost by 1.

Oh and I dont think any miscue means Arroyo>Pena. When its all said and done, Im willing to bet Pena is much > Arroyo.

Leading league in hotness

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Oh and I dont think any miscue means Arroyo>Pena. When its all said and done, Im willing to bet Pena is much > Arroyo.
    How much you willing to bet?
    Da Bulls
    Da Bears
    Da Reds?

I think both teams got what they needed.

I love Wily Mo... why does everyone do this every time he makes a mistake?

I love Bronson too... even though he has lost two games.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Pena will be back on the bench when Coco's back next week.

Griffeyfreak..good luck with reading that thread..that was quality posting
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfreak4
    How much you willing to bet?
    And the continuation of that thread (or the 4th version of it) is now called the Peanut Gallery... you can find it on the page that lists all the different areas of this board (what is that page called? is it the home page?).
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I hope Wily does well, myself and my feeling is that this trade will end up helping both clubs in the way they had hoped it would. Wily was the right guy for the Reds to trade, especially in comparison to Kearns. High ceiling, great athletic ability, but not a ballplayer yet. He could still develop into a replacement for Ortiz or Ramirez if you ask me. And that would be fine.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I understand that I trade of that magnitude is going to be disected at every possible moment, but people need to realize that the trade gave each team something they really needed.

If a trade benefits each team, it is a good trade. End of story.

What am I saying "end of story." I know better....
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I hate these types of threads where people argue over who got fleeced or who got the better trade. Both teams traded for a need. Comparing each of the players is apple to oranges. Why does it have to be a us vs. them with teams we trade with?

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    And they still would have lost by 1.
    Fallacy of the predetermined outcome.

You can't say that the parties involved would have behaved/reacted the same way if the game went to 1-run. I was watching the game on TV, and this gave a bit of momentum to the Yanks.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

I turned on my TV last night and it was on the ESPN broadcast of the NYY/BoSox game and Wily Mo happened to be batting in the 5th inning or so. They were talking about how Wily Mo is an adventure in the outfield but the Red Sox felt pressured to play him more often because the way Bronson Arroyo was pitching for the Reds made the Red Sox look like they got robbed. I'm paraphrasing but that was the sentiment being expressed.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    Fallacy of the predetermined outcome.

You can't say that the parties involved would have behaved/reacted the same way if the game went to 1-run. I was watching the game on TV, and this gave a bit of momentum to the Yanks.
    Exactly. It is impossible to say they still would have lost because the bottom of the 9th (or even the remainder of the 8th) would have been played completely differently had it been a one run lead, rather than two.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Turn Off Ads?