Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Old Junk

Leading league in hotness

Old Junk

So I was looking around for something new to drink, when I found a big container of pink lemonade powder tucked in the back of a cabinent. You know, the kind where you put a bunch of powder in a pitcher, and just add water. Well, I was really in the mood for some, so I made myself a glass. I drank a sip, and almost spit it all over the place.

I checked the expiration date, and it was 5 years ago!

I was just wondering, do any of you have some really nasty old junk tucked away in some cabinent that's been there as long as you can remember and you just haven't gotten around to throwing it away yet?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: Old Junk

We have a drawer in the kitchen that is a "junk drawer" ... it holds all sorts of things. I know there is a key to one of my apartments in there ... that I haven't lived at for 15 years. Its the drawer that time forgot. Worst of all, we moved 2.5 years ago and just transfered the contents from one kitchen to another.

GL

Guilty of ancient Hot Cocoa and instant coffee.

Did you know that honey never spoils?

My mom and dad have a bottle of Peychoud Bitters they inherited from my grandfather who died in 1980. I thiink the bottle is much older than that. They still use it on rare occasions, they tell me.

I found a $50 bill in a sportcoat pocket about a month ago.

Also found with it was a betting slip from Derby Lane (greyhound track in St. Pete, Fla.) from 1995.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

About 15 years ago, a friend of mine went shopping and put the groceries in the trunk of his car. Evidently, a can of tuna fell out of the bag. He found it several days later (keep in mind, this is summertime -- hot, hot heat). Because he was young, dumb, broke and his roommate dared him to, he ate the tuna. Predictable result: he got sick as a dog.

To this day, whenever he tries to give any of his friends a hard time over something dumb they've done, all we have to do is utter those two little words: Trunk Tuna.

He pretty much shuts up after that.

"I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    I found a $50 bill in a sportcoat pocket about a month ago.

Also found with it was a betting slip from Derby Lane (greyhound track in St. Pete, Fla.) from 1995.
    What's a sportcoat?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    What's a sportcoat?
    Something you (when you were in college) wear to a dog track, appearantly.

Something you (when you were in college) wear to a dog track, appearantly.
    Dude, I don't know what kinda dog track you were visiting--but sportcoats were not exactly en vogue at the West Palm Beach Kennel Club when I used to frequent that famed establishment.

That is, unless said sportcoat was threadworn and drenched in urine.

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfreak4
    do any of you have some really nasty old junk tucked away?
    I have a lot of it tucked away between my waist and knees.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I was just wondering, do any of you have some really nasty old junk tucked away in some cabinent that's been there as long as you can remember and you just haven't gotten around to throwing it away yet?
    I don't have any plans in throwing some of this away, but I have a box full of 25 year old Rolling Stones that I've been dragging around since the begining of time. I also have a mess of early 90's computer equipment and a word processor from the 80's.

Back at my moms she has two bars of old old soap from the early 1940's I presume. She kept them and has them in her curio cabinet of antiques. One is Kirks Original CoCo hardwater castile. And one is an old P and G White laundrey bar of soap. Definately two things I wouldnt want to wash with in the shower tonight.
    We'll win it all next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Dude, I don't know what kinda dog track you were visiting--but sportcoats were not exactly en vogue at the West Palm Beach Kennel Club when I used to frequent that famed establishment.

That is, unless said sportcoat was threadworn and drenched in urine.
    That's why I hadn't worn it in 15 years. It took it that long to decontaminate. If memory serves me correctly, we also went to an establishment called Mons Venus that night. (I should probobly switch to the "other board" now.)

That's why I hadn't worn it in 15 years. It took it that long to decontaminate. If memory serves me correctly, we also went to an establishment called Mons Venus that night. (I should probobly switch to the "other board" now.)
    Strange coincidence, but I know exactly where that place is located. Aaah...now I know why a sportcoat was required for the evening!

Turn Off Ads?