Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Epiditimitis...

Epiditimitis...

(originally posted on another board, by me, on Monday)

Well, I woke up Sunday and thought I might have a gas bubble in my lower abdomen...as the day wore on, I started to recognize the symptoms and this is the worst, most dibilitating pain I have ever known.

If any of you have ever had this, you understand what I mean and am going thru. Going to the doc for anti-biotics tomorrow...they say that once you get it once, you're more succeptable to it in the future. I first got it at age 19 (11 years ago) and this is time #3.

OMG this suxor.

Just thought I'd share....

(posted on Tuesday)

While it is sometimes from a STD, that is not the cause in my case.

That being said, went to my doc today and he confirmed what it is. Gave me some strong antibiotics and loritabs. FE go sleepy time soon

Again, I would not wish this on anyone.

(and from today)

went back to the doc today. he referred me to an urologist. should i be worried? seriously. this hurts worse, today, than anything i have ever experienced.

doc seems to think its just a bad case of epiditimitis, but still...

And while my left testicle hurts, its my lower abdomen on the left side that hurts the most today. OMG it's bad

Loritabs weren't doing enough so he gave me Percoset...hope those helps with the pain....

Anyone ever gone thru this and if so, anyone ever gone to see a urologist about it? I gotta admit, it's never been this bad and I'm a little scared...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Epiditimitis...

Man, I don't know what to tell you. I had this several years ago, got a course of anti-biotics and it cleared it right up. No repeats since.

Mine started while I was standing in line at the grocery. Felt like someone pinched me "down there." As day turned to night it got worse and worse, and when I woke up the following morning it was inflammed and excruciatingly painful. Called the doc, he got me in to see a urologist the same day, thinking I might have testicular torsion (that's where one of the testes gets twisted around and the blood supply cut off). Urologist said it was epididimitis, gave me anti-biotics, and within 24 hours it was cleared up. I did have blood in my urine for a few days following, then all was fine.

Definitely see the urologist, though.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

You have my prayers SC...just sounds sucky
    Go Gators!

I went and saw a an urologist today and he gave me another shot of a stronger anti-biotic and told me to come back tomorrow and if not noticably better, they are going to admit me to the hospital and put me on an anti-biotic IV. Also, they are going to do an ultra-sound on my testes just to make sure it's "just" an infection. Hoping for the best...

And thanks for the prayers...this hurts unlike anything I have ever felt before....

You're in my prayers Eddie.

But prayer and testicles just don't seem to go together well.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Hoping to hear how SC is doing...
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?