Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do the Reds sell their game used stuff?

Do the Reds sell their game used stuff?

Do they sell there game used stuff at the team store at GABP or somewhere else in the Cincy area? In Minnesota (where I lived till this past year) the Twins had a few team shops around the twin cities and sold there game used stuff. From jerseys, cracked bats, helmets, caps, balls ect..Some of the stuff was rather cheap from the no count player's and coaches. They also gave you a team letter of authenticity signed by the person in charge of the program for each item. On weekend home series they always had player signings at each team shop as well to get people in there...Nice way to give the fans a chance at some cool collectibles and team makes some cash from broken bats ect....They also had a end of the year garage type sale deal at the Metrodump, with all kinds of stuff from novalties, t-shirts, sweatshirts, game stuff ect for real cheap, just dumping dead stock before the new year.....Just wondering if anyone knows if Reds do anything like this.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Do the Reds sell there game used stuff

Quote Originally Posted by indyred
    Do they sell there game used stuff at the team store at GABP or somewhere else in the Cincy area? In Minnesota (where I lived till this past year) the Twins had a few team shops around the twin cities and sold there game used stuff. From jerseys, cracked bats, helmets, caps, balls ect..Some of the stuff was rather cheap from the no count player's and coaches. They also gave you a team letter of authenticity signed by the person in charge of the program for each item. On weekend home series they always had player signings at each team shop as well to get people in there...Nice way to give the fans a chance at some cool collectibles and team makes some cash from broken bats ect....They also had a end of the year garage type sale deal at the Metrodump, with all kinds of stuff from novalties, t-shirts, sweatshirts, game stuff ect for real cheap, just dumping dead stock before the new year.....Just wondering if anyone knows if Reds do anything like this.
    Yes they do. The team store has some at the ballpark. On a sidenote, RedsFest is supposed to come back this year (I hope). The teamstore has a lot of really good clearance items at RedsFest including game used stuff. My son got a game used batting helmet there one year for something like $15.00 or something.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Yes, there are used bats, helmets and game jerseys at the team shop.

They're all from "lesser" players, but neat nonetheless.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Cool, I will definitley check it out next game......Thanks for info..

There is some game used stuff at the team store in the Westin also.

Re: Do the Reds sell their game used stuff?

They also sell used/game-worn stuff at the Dugout Shop in the Westin... which is closed right now for renovation.

Does anyone know when it's going to re-open?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

The area where the Dugout shop was is going to be part of a seafood restaurant opening in September, so I'm not sure if/when/where the new team shop will open

I believe that I had heard that since the new shop by the GABP was open normal busniess hours, there would be no more shop in town.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    I believe that I had heard that since the new shop by the GABP was open normal busniess hours, there would be no more shop in town.
    I read just the opposite; weird.

I find it strange that they doubled the size of the Dugout Shop only two years ago!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I read just the opposite; weird.

I find it strange that they doubled the size of the Dugout Shop only two years ago!
    It was still pretty crummy, especially compared to the new one.

It was still pretty crummy, especially compared to the new one.
    Crummy? What was crummy about it?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Crummy? What was crummy about it?
    Cramped, poorly displayed stuff, IMHO.

Cramped, poorly displayed stuff, IMHO.
    It was cramped before they expanded but they doubled its size. Maybe it appeared cramped because they have so much stuff; it was in no way dumpy though.

I love the place; I think it has/had a better selection than the new one.

Plus you could buy tickets there with no added charges.

I never cared for the old store. Just me. I think I was in it after they expanded, but I can't swear by it.

You can buy tickets without a surcharge at the ticket windows at the stadium now as well.

You can buy tickets without a surcharge at the ticket windows at the stadium now as well.
    I'm assuming that was sarcasm.

My point was that it's nice to have an alternative... one without the lines.

Turn Off Ads?