Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you're interested, Womack signed a ...

If you're interested, Womack signed a ...

minor league deal with the Cubs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If you're interested, Womack signed a ...

Isn't it awesome how the Cubs have turned into the Reds of the past few years?

Hang em up Tony. Goodness.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Problem is, he might be starting by the end of next week.

Look out vaticanplum, your apartment complex is getting crowded.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

While I'm definitely glad to have BPhil here over Womack, Tony was not awful during his short stint as a Red.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I talked to Tony at the little league field on Wednesday night. He seemed very upbeat and has been really involved with his son's team since being released. He's a real nice fellow.

It was interesting that he showed up at last nights game wearing a Cubs cap. Makes sense now.

Guess they don't need Todd Walker now
    Go Gators!

Wait, I thought DanO worked for the Brewers, not the Cubs.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I'm not... interested, that is.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

According to a buddy in Chicago, the cubs have four 2b's in the roation today at various postions. With the additon of Womack, it does sound like DanO is behind the sceens doesn't it?

I have to admit, I sorta liked Womack and though he could have been a decent utility guy if the situation was different (like, we didn't already have 6 other "utility" guys). Plus, I got the fealing he was told he was the guy at 2B by our boy DanO and he totally got the shaft.

Nope, not interested. Ha!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

The Cubs have a .672 TEAM OPS. Womack fits perfectly!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Tony may be getting called up this weekend.

MIAMI -- It wouldn't be surprising to see Tony Womack show up at Wrigley Field this weekend as the Cubs' starting second baseman against the Atlanta Braves.

"I'm hearing good reports on him,'' manager Dusty Baker said Wednesday. "I'm hearing he is playing pretty good. We'll address that when I get home. It's not a bad option.''

The Cubs are off today, and Baker and general manager Jim Hendry could have Womack in the house by Friday. The 12-year major-league veteran was in Class AAA Iowa's lineup Wednesday night in Sacramento, Calif., which is familiar turf to Baker.

"I talked to people out in Sacramento [on Tuesday], and they told me Womack was playing good,'' Baker said. "They said he wants to play good enough to force me to call him up. That's fine with me.''

What makes Womack look even better is that Jerry Hairston and Neifi Perez have given no offensive spark when they've started at second while Todd Walker replaces the injured Derrek Lee at first base.

Walker has started at second only five times in the Cubs' last 14 games, with the other starts going to Perez or Hairston. The starting second basemen are a combined 6-for-44 in that period with two runs scored and two RBI.

"It's been a tough spot, yeah,'' Baker said.

Womack batted .467 with an RBI and three stolen bases in his first five games with Iowa through Tuesday. The Cincinnati Reds released Womack earlier this year, and he could be on the Cubs' roster before the Reds open a series at Wrigley on Monday.
    LINK

and he's already made an "impact"

Sacramento first baseman Daric Barton, one of Oakland's top hitting prospects, will be out for a minimum of six to eight weeks after suffering a fractured radial head of his left elbow during an on-field collision with Tony Womack of the Iowa Cubs on Tuesday.

Barton, one of three players acquired in the December 2004 trade that sent Mark Mulder to the Cardinals, was batting .259 with two homers and 22 RBIs in 43 games for the River Cats at the time of the injury
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    and he's already made an "impact"

Sacramento first baseman Daric Barton, one of Oakland's top hitting prospects, will be out for a minimum of six to eight weeks after suffering a fractured radial head of his left elbow during an on-field collision with Tony Womack of the Iowa Cubs on Tuesday.

Barton, one of three players acquired in the December 2004 trade that sent Mark Mulder to the Cardinals, was batting .259 with two homers and 22 RBIs in 43 games for the River Cats at the time of the injury
    Tony Womack does the little things.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?