Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I got offered this.

I got offered this.

For all you trade meisters, here's what I've been offered.

They give me:

Eric Chavez
    Barry Bonds
    Noah Lowry

I give them:

Carlos Zambrano
    Aramis Ramirez
    Moises Alou

My Team:
    C J. Posada (NYY - C)
    1B A. Dunn (Cin - 1B,OF)
    2B F. López (Cin - 2B,SS)
    3B A. Ramírez (ChC - 3B)
    SS M. Young (Tex - SS)
    OF X. Nady (NYM - 1B,OF)
    OF J. Damon (NYY - OF)
    OF J. Edmonds (StL - OF)
    Util E. Encarnación (Cin - 3B)
    BN J. Varitek (Bos - C)
    BN M. Alou (SF - OF) DL
    DL C. Crisp (Bos - OF) DL

SP C. Zambrano (ChC - SP)
    SP P. Martínez (NYM - SP)
    RP C. Cordero (Was - RP)
    RP R. Dempster (ChC - SP,RP)
    P J. Papelbon (Bos - SP,RP)
    P F. Liriano (Min - SP,RP)
    P C. Capuano (Mil - SP)
    BN C. Lee (Cle - SP)
    BN J. Verlander (Det - SP)
    BN T. Hudson (Atl - SP)

His Team:
    C J. Estrada (Ari - C)
    1B R. Howard (Phi - 1B)
    2B C. Utley (Phi - 1B,2B)
    3B E. Chávez (Oak - 3B)
    SS J. Reyes (NYM - SS)
    OF B. Hawpe (Col - OF)
    OF C. Beltrán (NYM - OF)
    OF B. Bonds (SF - OF)
    Util T. Hafner (Cle - Util)
    BN S. Podsednik (CWS - OF)
    BN C. Shelton (Det - 1B)

SP E. Santana (LAA - SP)
    SP C. Park (SD - SP)
    RP T. Jones (Det - RP)
    P B. Arroyo (Cin - SP)
    P W. Rodríguez (Hou - SP)
    P K. Millwood (Tex - SP)
    BN N. Lowry (SF - SP)
    BN Jo. Santana (Min - SP)
    BN F. Cordero (Tex - RP)
    DL J. Patterson (Was - SP) DL

As you can see, my pitching is mighty good, but my hitting has been atrocious as of late, especially OBP and SLG. As far as pitching goes, My Wins and Losses and Saves haven't been so hot lately, but I count that up as bad luck more than anything, as I lead the league or am near the top in all other pitching categories.

I also need to make a decision on Posada v. Varitek. I picked up Posada because Varitek had been a big part of dragging down my hitting stats, but I'm loathe to just dump him on the waiver wire.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I got offered this.

Nah. Keep your stud pitcher. Ramirez will get hot and perform on par with Chavez. When Bonds and Alou are both healthy, I'd rather have Alou.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Nah. Keep your stud pitcher. Ramirez will get hot and perform on par with Chavez. When Bonds and Alou are both healthy, I'd rather have Alou.
    I agree. I think the other owner is just trying to throw big names like Bonds and Chavez into the deal to lure you away from the fact that a big part of that trade is Zambrano for Lowry. If you take out the hitters (who are all pretty equal) that's what you're left with, and I'd take Zambrano 10 out of 10 times. He's heating up with the weather and will be downright nasty going forward. Keep him. The other owner is just trying to upgrade his mediocre SP's, don't help him.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Yeah, I know. It's hard though with Dunn, Ramirez, Young and Edmonds mired in serious slumps and Alou and Crisp on the DL. My record has taken a hit the past few weeks because of I'm losing in BA, OBP and SLG. It's tempting to take the guys who aren't having trouble getting on base right now, even though I'm sure the slumps will end sometime.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Oh, I think you have a lot of players that you could move to upgrade your team, I just don't think this trade you mentioned is a good deal for you. Maybe consider packaging Dunn and one of your catchers to a team with a bad catcher. See if you can get a stud 1st baseman who will hit for average as well. Pujols obviously is probably out of the question, but :ance Berkman might not be for that package. You might also look for a player like Prince Fielder who's having a great year so far, and an upgrade to Xavier Nady in the OF.

The players you have will come out of their slumps. All of them are .280 (at least) hitters, with the exception of Dunn. Losing Dunn hurts your HR output, but if you can get a guy like Berkman to replace him, it's clearly a win for you. There's nothing wrong with a Dunn / Varitek for Berkman offer. Your pitching remains extremely deep and you've improved your team, and opened up a spot to take a chance on a guy that may be hot now on your waiver wire that may continue to surprise.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Tell this guy that you've been dealing with that the only way you'd give up Carlos Zambrano is if Travis Hafner is coming your way.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I just dealt Jim Thome for Zambrano.

I originally offered Nick Johnson, and he passed, so I upped the ante.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Leading league in hotness

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I just dealt Jim Thome for Zambrano.

I originally offered Nick Johnson, and he passed, so I upped the ante.
    What's the rest of your hitting look like?

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfreak4
    What's the rest of your hitting look like?
    Solid. I'm leading the league in hitting points.

C - Willingham
    1B - Pujols
    2B - Utley
    SS - Garciaparra
    3B - Tracy
    CF - Drew
    OF - Berkman
    OF - Hawpe
    UT - Johnson
    BN - C. Guillen
    BN - B. Giles

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Oh, I think you have a lot of players that you could move to upgrade your team, I just don't think this trade you mentioned is a good deal for you. Maybe consider packaging Dunn and one of your catchers to a team with a bad catcher. See if you can get a stud 1st baseman who will hit for average as well. Pujols obviously is probably out of the question, but :ance Berkman might not be for that package. You might also look for a player like Prince Fielder who's having a great year so far, and an upgrade to Xavier Nady in the OF.

The players you have will come out of their slumps. All of them are .280 (at least) hitters, with the exception of Dunn. Losing Dunn hurts your HR output, but if you can get a guy like Berkman to replace him, it's clearly a win for you. There's nothing wrong with a Dunn / Varitek for Berkman offer. Your pitching remains extremely deep and you've improved your team, and opened up a spot to take a chance on a guy that may be hot now on your waiver wire that may continue to surprise.
    Only problem with a Dunn/Varitek for Berkman deal - the guy who has Berkman also has Victor Martinez (oh and he has Albert Pujols too).

Turn Off Ads?