Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Rock Star" Bronson Arroyo LIVE IN CONCERT!

"Rock Star" Bronson Arroyo LIVE IN CONCERT!

Here our big chance to see "Rock Star" in concert... sounds like it could be a fun time.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Re: "Rock Star" Bronson Arroyo LIVE IN CONCERT!

Rich's wife too.. Man this is a headliner you can't miss!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Unlike Mercker, looks like Rich has a "young" wife:

http://www.raquelaurilia.com
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper

I'd like to "Pinch Her Roast Beef Flavored Cheeks" for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper

What's Mercker's wife look like?

Arroyo, Raquel Aurilia concert

CINCINNATI (May 26, 2006) – Cincinnati Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo and Raquel Aurilia, wife of Reds infielder Rich Aurilia, will perform a benefit concert on Thursday, June 15 at 7:00 p.m. at the Madison Theatre in Covington, Kentucky, 728 Madison Avenue. The event, sponsored by Cincinnati Bell, will also feature local band Screaming Mimes.

Tickets at $25 per person can be purchased beginning at 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, May 30 through the Reds Community Fund at (513) 765-7042 or online at www.reds.com. A limited number of VIP passes will be available for $150. The VIP passes include seating, food and beverage and the opportunity to watch the concert with Reds players. The 100 VIP passes will only be available by auction beginning May 30 at www.reds.com with a minimum bid of $150. Proceeds from the concert will benefit the Reds Community Fund and its baseball-themed outreach programs.

Reds players scheduled to attend the concert include Rich Aurilia, Adam Dunn, Edwin Encarnacion, Scott Hatteberg, Austin Kearns, Jason LaRue, Felipe Lopez and Kent Mercker.

“The benefit concert with Bronson and Raquel will give fans an opportunity to hear great music while supporting the Reds Community Fund and its baseball-themed outreach programs,” said Charley Frank, executive director of the Reds Community Fund. “We are thrilled to have the support of Bronson, Raquel and the team to offer this unique experience.”

About Bronson Arroyo

Born in Key West, Florida and raised in Tampa, Florida, Bronson Arroyo came from a musical and sports family. Drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1995, Arroyo was later acquired by the Boston Red Sox in 2003. After the 2004 World Series won by the Red Sox, Arroyo teamed up with music producer Loren Harriet and music executive Lou Mann to create a 12-song album, “Covering the Bases,” featuring cover songs Arroyo would play for his teammates. Arroyo is in his first season with the Reds and leads the National League in ERA.

About Raquel Aurilia

Raquel Aurilia, wife of Reds player Rich Aurilia, has always had a passion for music. Through the years, she has continued to pursue this passion and nurture her talent. Now she is living out her dream with the re-release of her debut album “Finding My Way” featuring four additional songs. For the past few years she has raised more than $30,000 for the Greater Bay Area Make-a-Wish Foundation by running in marathons around the country. Additionally, a portion of her on-line CD sales continues to support the Greater Bay Area Make-A-Wish Foundation.

About the Reds Community Fund

The Reds Community Fund is dedicated to improving the lives of youth in the Tri-State by leveraging the tradition of the Cincinnati Reds and the game of baseball.

Proceeds from the concert will benefit the Reds Community Fund and its signature program, the Reds Rookie Success League.
    http://www.wkrc.com/sports/local/sto...4-4D7450D88B48
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Love that Dirty Water.... he needs to remake a Cincy version.

thanks for the info.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    What's Mercker's wife look like?
    Dunno...but Merck made a crack about his being old and having an "'old"' wife.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Hey! Did anybody from here go?

If you go here, you'll find links to audio clips and photos.

06/16/2006

Arroyo steals show at benefit concert
    Right-hander joins Aurilia, local band for charity
    By William S. Hupp / MLB.com

COVINGTON, Ky. -- The hair. It's all about the hair: long, blonde, "rock-star sexy," as one admiring female put it.
    It's that hair on Bronson Arroyo's head that had cameras flashing and girls screaming as the Reds pitcher took the stage in his inaugural concert in Cincinnati.

Arroyo, along with Raquel Aurilia and local band Screaming Mimes, rocked out at a benefit concert in front of 700 fans on Thursday night at the Madison Theatre.

The sold-out show benefited the Reds Community Fund.

"[It was] very cool," Arroyo said of the experience. "Great crowd ... I couldn't have asked for anything better."

Fans listened politely to the first two acts, the Screaming Mimes, and Aurilia, wife of Reds infielder Rich Aurilia, respectively.

The Mimes are comprised of four employees of the Reds video/audio production crew. Their music was all original pieces and reminded some of Bare Naked Ladies.

Raquel Aurilia flew in from L.A. to perform at the show, belting out some of her hits from her debut album, "Finding My Way."

But the spotlight shone brightest on Arroyo, literally and figuratively.

Teammates and fans alike were curious to hear his musical talents, and all eyes were on the headline act as he took the stage. Wearing a dark gray T-shirt and jeans, Arroyo bore the casual look of a veteran rocker.

He looked at ease in front of the frenzied throng, grabbed the mike, and showed the Cincinnati area exactly why this concert was so highly anticipated.

Arroyo, who played guitar and sang as the lead of the seven-piece ensemble, pleased the crowd with mostly hard-rock cover songs, such as "Black" from Pearl Jam, and "Wonderwall" by Oasis, and even combined with Raquel Aurilia for a song.

Arroyo's vocals had a soulful, harder quality to them. The use of a saxophone in most of the songs gave the rock music a jazzier quality.

Sometimes, the crowd sang along. When the music died down, whistles, cat-calls and screams of adoring women filled the air.

Overall, it was quite a reception for the new kid on the block.

"I had a blast," Arroyo said. "You never know what you're going to get coming to a new city, [but] it was a great experience."

As for his status as the new teen heartthrob in town, Arroyo just shook his head and laughed, refusing to take the bait.

His focus remains crystal clear. As Arroyo said, with a laugh: "I'm just trying to win ballgames."
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

Friday, June 16, 2006

Arroyo a big hit in concert
    TABARI MCCOY | CIN WEEKLY

Since arriving via trade this spring, pitcher Bronson Arroyo has proven to be surprisingly apt on the mound for the Cincinnati Reds.

Thursday, in front of a capacity crowd at the Madison Theater in Covington, Arroyo showed his other aptitude.

An emphatic pro-Reds crowd cheered all through the evening Thursday at "Perfect Pitch," a benefit concert for the Reds' Community Fund, which featured Arroyo performing his other love away from baseball: music.

Emceed by WXIX-TV (Channel 19) meteorologist Paul Horton, the show opened with a performance by local pop rock quartet the Screaming Mimes, all of whom are Reds' stadium employees by day.

Raquel Aurilia, wife of Reds infielder Rich Aurilia, followed a well-received 40 minute-plus set before turning the stage over to Arroyo.

Displaying a confident yet inviting swagger, Arroyo rocked the crowd with song after song from his 2005 debut CD "Covering the Bases." The set also featured an impromptu visit by Reds shortstop Felipe Lopez, who joined Arroyo for a brief sing-a-long before turning the spotlight back to the featured performer for the evening.

A number of Reds celebrities including George Foster, David Ross and Ryan Freel also appeared to rally the crowd, many of whom vocally confirmed they would be at Great American Ball Park this weekend.

Visibly exhausted as he prepared to sign autographs at the end of the night, Arroyo was satisfied with his performance and the crowd's overwhelmingly positive response to it.

"It was awesome, man, for the first time playing here in Cincinnati. You never know what to expect in a new town and the vibe was awesome and the crowd was into it singing along with the songs," Arroyo said.

"We might try to pull something like this off a couple more times toward the end of the season and as long as people keep digging it, I'll keep doing it."
    http://cinweekly.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...16001/-1/rsst1
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Having listened to Bronson Arroyo's cd , he is not a bad cover song performer. Even odder to me is the fact Peter Gammons ,yes that Peter Gammons is an accomplished guitarist and is releasing a cd ,which Bronson does back up on a couple songs.

Quote Originally Posted by indy_dave00
    Having listened to Bronson Arroyo's cd , he is not a bad cover song performer. Even odder to me is the fact Peter Gammons ,yes that Peter Gammons is an accomplished guitarist and is releasing a cd ,which Bronson does back up on a couple songs.
    Peter Gammons' knowledge of baseball falls well short of his knowledge of rock-and-roll. I believe he gave a career in music a real shot in his early days of working at the Globe.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Agh. I'd prefer baseballers and rockers stay very distant.

Raquel Aurilia flew in from L.A. to perform at the show, belting out some of her hits from her debut album, "Finding My Way."
    What hits?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indy_dave00
    Jammin' with Gammons.

Quote Originally Posted by realreds1
    Agh. I'd prefer baseballers and rockers stay very distant.

What hits?
    I thought the same about the Rock n Wrestling Connection--that is, until I heard "Girls in Cars" by Rick Martel and Tito Santana.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Emceed by WXIX-TV (Channel 19) meteorologist Paul Horton...
    No Rich Apuzzo or Valerie Abati?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?