Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is Brandon Phillips worth picking up?

Is Brandon Phillips worth picking up?

Someone just released Brandon Phillips in our fantasy league, and I was wondering if would it be worth picking him up, and dropping either Mike Lowell, Willy Taveras, Jeff Francoeur, or Chris Shelton. His OBP and SBs are very appealing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Brandon Phillips worth picking up?

The only player on that list that I'd debate dropping for Phillips would be Taveras.

Having said that, Taveras is back at the top of the Astros order and has actually begun to steal bases again.

Phillips is still unproven. He has played well but you'd have to expect him to cool off some as the summer goes on and his games played rack up.

Re: Is Brandon Phillips worth picking up?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    The only player on that list that I'd debate dropping for Phillips would be Taveras.

Having said that, Taveras is back at the top of the Astros order and has actually begun to steal bases again.

Phillips is still unproven. He has played well but you'd have to expect him to cool off some as the summer goes on and his games played rack up.
    Thanks for the feedback! I think I am going to refrain from picking him up..I just dropped Rollins and picked up Orlando Cabrera.. Rollins' OBP is terrible!

Turn Off Ads?