Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Draft-and-follow throws curve into plans

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Draft-and-follow throws curve into plans

Come on Krivsky, get it done!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Loo had a homerun and 5 rbi's in Yavapai 13-3 win yesterday. They play today at 3:00 in the Final Four.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Yavapai is 2-1, so if they lose today they're done. They could be playing until Saturday if they continue to win.

Who ever thought that we may be looking at a Yavapai College game thread?

Cruisin' for trouble

Marc's blog has a comment on the Loo situation...

"It may be the same guy posting over and over again, but someone has been asking the past few days about the Reds' progress with Milton Loo. As I mentioned in my notebook today (which for some reason is sporting the wrong byline), Loo's team is still alive in the Junior College World Series. The Reds can't really do anything until Yavapai is eliminated, but I spoke with scouting director Chris Buckley today and he said he's confident Loo will be in the fold by this weekend.

The only other draft-and-follow player the Reds have signed is catcher Jake Long of Modesto (Calif.) Junior College, their 37th-round pick last year. According to this story, he signed about a week and a half ago after a pretty nice season.

One other, non-draft-related note: Louisville has released Darrell May."

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds
    Marc's blog has a comment on the Loo situation...

"It may be the same guy posting over and over again, but someone has been asking the past few days about the Reds' progress with Milton Loo. As I mentioned in my notebook today (which for some reason is sporting the wrong byline), Loo's team is still alive in the Junior College World Series. The Reds can't really do anything until Yavapai is eliminated, but I spoke with scouting director Chris Buckley today and he said he's confident Loo will be in the fold by this weekend.

The only other draft-and-follow player the Reds have signed is catcher Jake Long of Modesto (Calif.) Junior College, their 37th-round pick last year. According to this story, he signed about a week and a half ago after a pretty nice season.

One other, non-draft-related note: Louisville has released Darrell May."
    lets hope they can get it done. he can play any one of 2b, 3b, and ss i would assume and has all 5 tools. he would be a great addition to our depleted organization. people always bring up our poor pitching, but our field players are just as bad and may be worse, if thats possible

I know it is not the most sound idea, but I would really like the Reds to draft college starters in the first three rounds. Signing Loo (a 2nd-3rd round tweener) would enable them to focus on arms early.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Reds
    I know it is not the most sound idea, but I would really like the Reds to draft college starters in the first three rounds. Signing Loo (a 2nd-3rd round tweener) would enable them to focus on arms early.
    im not saying i dont want them too draft pitchers a lot, but signing loo doesnt allow them to do that. we have virtually no position prospects in the minors

Yavapai hammers Wallace State, 17-8. Our man Loo hits his second homer of the tournament, walks twice, scores twice, and drives in three.

They were down 7-1 going to the bottom of the sixth, and proceeded to score eight in the sixth and eight in the seventh. (Games are only seven innings, plus there's a ten-run rule, I think.)

http://www.jucogj.org/2006/stats_06/juco16.htm

So the point is that the window still hasn't kicked on.

2 names i hadnt seen as signed

Angel Cabrera, ss, Connors State (Okla.) JC, 40th round
    Blake King, rhp, Eastern Oklahoma State JC, 44th round

Who is Blake King? I can't find him among the 2005 draftee's?

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...ake-king.shtml

Cardinals pick, not the Reds. Cabrera was a Reds pick, though, so that's three D-and-F signees.

Where is Angel Cabrera listed as signing at? That would be good news to add him to the Reds.

sorry for that

both were listed at ba. they have a new story along right side, that has all signings per team

Turn Off Ads?