Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you go to games based on pitchers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do you go to games based on pitchers?

I ask this question because I thought of going on Friday, then saw Milton vs. Webb and I didn't think we would have a chance of winning. Today we have Harang the Arroyo on Sunday. I'll attend Sunday most likely, and half the reason is because I feel we have a good chance of winning bc Arroyo has been great so far.

So does anyone else check out the matchups then decide if you are going not?

Re: Do you go to games based on pitchers?

Not really, I went last night because it was a good time to go and the Mrs rarely wants to go to games.

Even Milton can have a good game
    Go Gators!

Not really... Last night's game was part of the power pack ticket package. But other factors are weather and yes, promotions.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Living outside of Cincy, I just go to any Reds games I can get to.

I go to see a ball game wherever I can and/or I feel like it. I just let the game unfold before me, however it will. A close, tight pitchering duel, or a roller coaster with lots of lead changes, or a comedy of errors, or a complete blow out (win or loss).

I go to the game to watch baseball, win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD
    I go to see a ball game wherever I can and/or I feel like it. I just let the game unfold before me, however it will. A close, tight pitchering duel, or a roller coaster with lots of lead changes, or a comedy of errors, or a complete blow out (win or loss).

I go to the game to watch baseball, win or lose.
    I agree, I go to see the game. I guess I'm saying, I'm lucky enough to go to as many games as I want right now, so situations like this weekend, I'm holding out til Arroyo, even though I would go tonight, I like day games.

I only go to games when I can get free tickets or on bobblehead nights when I buy bleacher seats.

When the Reds were terrible in the early 80's my Dad and and I went only when Mario Soto was pitching. One year I think we saw him pitch around twelve times.

I used to live a couple of miles from the ballpark in Atlanta and we'd often go just because Maddux was pitching.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I've got the 20 game weekend package so I don't have much ability to choose which games based on the pitcher. As a youngster I'd just go with my father and was thrilled to go to the game and I was too young to consider who was pitching.

Now I've gotten to the point in life where I have the time and money to just head down to the game on a whim (in addition to my ticket package). I suppose I'd head down to see a particularlly good pitcher if he was in town. Clemmons and Maddux would be two I'd go see just to see them.

Nope. But I would like to see Bronson pitch.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Nope. But I would like to see Bronson pitch.

Back when you could get tickets on gameday in Boston, I always checked out the pitching matchups.

Last year when the Reds were in town I made sure to catch the game Harang pitched ... unfortunately he had one of his worst starts of the year. Though a Sox fan bought chili and I beers after as consolation for the Reds getting swept.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I do and dont. I try to get go to at least 1 game per series. My situation is though, I will try to go see the opposing teams pitcher if they have a top guy. Like last night I went as the Dbacks game because Webb was pitching.

Just do what I do and drink alot before going to the game so the score does not matter. I had alot of practice this during the bengals 2-14 year.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Turn Off Ads?