Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: worst concessions

Re: worst concessions

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    So, are you allowed to bring a cooler in?
    Here ya go... from the Reds website:

COOLERS
    Guests are welcome to bring SOFT-SIDED coolers into Great American Ball Park provided the coolers' dimensions do not exceed the 16" x 16" x 8" inch Major League Baseball size requirement. HARD-SIDED coolers of any size are prohibited from entering the ballpark. Coolers and all carry-in items are always subject to inspection by Reds personnel prior to entrance to the ballpark or at any time while inside the ballpark.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Wait a minute. You have M&Ms with you? Good move on your part by not telling me but you're busted now.
    No M&Ms today (haven't been on sale). But I'll buy you an extra bag... plain or peanut?
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Sava, if you're not really sure (even if the rules are stated on the website) it's always good to ask security at another game - and ask more than one person. I've gotten varying opinions (not bad but vague) on things you can bring in. Now it's been a while since I brought soft drinks in - but I could bring in Sprite, which of course is made by Coca-Cola a competitor of Pepsi, which is sold at the ballpark. IIRC, there was a thread in which concessions were talked about and RBA (?) mentioned going to Safeco and not being allow to do this.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    As long as security can see it and the plastic containers are unopened. I usually go for Subway sub, chips, cookies, and buy bottled water outside for a $1. Before 9/11 they even let you bring in small cans of pringles. I also buy small bags of M&Ms, which are so expensive at the park, and bring them in.
    My friends and I have a tradition (which we've yet to do this year, due to my Toledo-tastic living arrangements until the bar) where we go to Chipotle before the game and bring burritos into the stadium with us.

Usually the security guards take one look and immediately get jealous. I'm afraid it's going to get confiscated and eaten one of these days.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

"Sorry sir you have to hand over the burrito, and we'll uh have to have your drinks as well...security."
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    My friends and I have a tradition (which we've yet to do this year, due to my Toledo-tastic living arrangements until the bar) where we go to Chipotle before the game and bring burritos into the stadium with us.

Usually the security guards take one look and immediately get jealous. I'm afraid it's going to get confiscated and eaten one of these days.
    "Excuse me? Did you say you got the steak burrito with the hot red chili salsa and extra guacamole? Stay where you are, don't move, and hand over the WMD!"
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    "Excuse me? Did you say you got the steak burrito with the hot red chili salsa and extra guacamole? Stay where you are, don't move, and hand over the WMD!"
    Chicken burrito, black beans, mix of tomato-green chile and red chile salsa, extra cheese, light sour cream.

Sometimes chips -- depending on whether or not I'm feeling particularly hungry.

I might have to grab one of those on my way back to Toledo tomorrow.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    As long as security can see it and the plastic containers are unopened. I usually go for Subway sub, chips, cookies, and buy bottled water outside for a $1. Before 9/11 they even let you bring in small cans of pringles. I also buy small bags of M&Ms, which are so expensive at the park, and bring them in.

We usually take in a couple cans of Pringles for the kids, and have never been questioned. Are we just getting lucky?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

And I remember a few years ago at Cinergy seeing a family in front of me carry in 2 pizzas.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    IIRC, you can bring in unopened bottle with caps like bottled water. I never have seen anyone bring in Pepsi in bottles though. Does anyone know if that's acceptable at GABP?
    You can bring any bottled drink as long as it is not alcohol. I ussually bring a bottle of water and a 1 litter of soda. If you go to the concession, they will give you a small cup of ice. They used to let you bring in drinks in a cup, but not anymore. I like stopping at wendys or subway downtown. Subway is the best, because I will get the 12 inch with chips and eat half of it at the start of the game... then eat the second half in the sixth or seventh.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Yep small ones... with soft sides. Think lunch cooler... the kind that would hold 6 cans of pop. That is what I have, plus it has compartments for storing extra goodies on top and on the sides. Anything that can hold 12 cans might be too big.

This one is similar to the one I have...
    http://www.igloocoolers.com/products...ooBasics/2320/
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    We usually take in a couple cans of Pringles for the kids, and have never been questioned. Are we just getting lucky?
    No, not lucky... that's why it's important to ask different security personnel. Right after 9/11, I brought in a small pringles can to a game but was told by security that they would let it in this time - but probably not the next time. Of course, I never brought in another can for fear of it getting thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy
    Yep small ones... with soft sides. Think lunch cooler... the kind that would hold 6 cans of pop. That is what I have, plus it has compartments for storing extra goodies on top and on the sides. Anything that can hold 12 cans might be too big.

This one is similar to the one I have...
    http://www.igloocoolers.com/products...ooBasics/2320/
    Just no CANS only plastic...

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    And I remember a few years ago at Cinergy seeing a family in front of me carry in 2 pizzas.
    Sort of off topic... but most minor league teams (if not all) do not allow concessions being brought in. I remember going to a Dragons game either in 2001 or 2002 and seeing 4 teenagers bring in a sofa and place it down just outside the fence on the First Street side - as they were sitting there watching the game a pizza delivery guy stops on the opposite side (First Street is one way going east bound) runs across the street and delivers 3 pizzas! No one told them to move - I don't think the Dragons own that sidewalk - but I thought it was pretty !

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I always take my own food in. I'm a peanut guy at ballgames. The Speedway by my house has these little bags of peanuts for about $1.50 or so and I will take my soft sided cooler with a Coke and a couple bottles of water. I used to bring in a bottle of my own filled with water, but about halfway through the 2003 season the security people started making me empty the bottle's contents before I came in because it wasn't an unopened bottle from the store. Sometimes I'll grab something from the food court in the tower or from the Arby's up on 6th St.

Turn Off Ads?