Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: worst concessions

Re: worst concessions

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Chicken burrito, black beans, mix of tomato-green chile and red chile salsa, extra cheese, light sour cream.

Sometimes chips -- depending on whether or not I'm feeling particularly hungry.

I might have to grab one of those on my way back to Toledo tomorrow.
    That sounds good!

Now I think the next Redszone mission is to solicit investors to open a Chipotle across from GABP.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Maybe it can be incorporated into the "banks" project that will be right next door to GABP. Since BC is in charge of that project maybe we can loby him directly with the Chipotle/Reds tie in?

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy
    You can bring any bottled drink as long as it is not alcohol. I ussually bring a bottle of water and a 1 litter of soda. If you go to the concession, they will give you a small cup of ice. They used to let you bring in drinks in a cup, but not anymore. I like stopping at wendys or subway downtown. Subway is the best, because I will get the 12 inch with chips and eat half of it at the start of the game... then eat the second half in the sixth or seventh.
    Have you ever tried the double-deckers at the Red Squirrel on the way to the game? They are HUGE and DELICIOUS! TM and I sometimes take them in and one is ample for the two of us (sometimes too much).

Last year in Sarasota, I tried to take in a frozen bottle of water (it was sealed but I had thrown it in the freezer). They made me chuck it at the gate.... even though I knew darn well it would be thawed in about 30 minutes or less.

I don't know if they would have allowed it if it wasn't frozen; they didn't say and I didn't ask.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 05-29-2006 at 12:22 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Yesterday I took in 2 semi-frozen bottles of water (unsealed) into the game... no problem. I would assume that Ed Smith Stadium is considered a minor league facility so outside food and drinks are not allowed. Luckily for those of us who go to the minor league games most of the concessions are lower in price (don't know about beer) than in the majors. Dayton has a very good assortment of food + they sell Coke products...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I prefer Coke too.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I prefer Coke too.
    Tho' right now I'm here at work and pretty much everyone else here like Pepsi products, so I'm drinking a Pepsi : .
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Have you ever tried the double-deckers at the Red Squirrel on the way to the game? They are HUGE and DELICIOUS! TM and I sometimes take them in and one is ample for the two of us (sometimes too much).

Last year in Sarasota, I tried to take in a frozen bottle of water (it was sealed but I had thrown it in the freezer). They made me chuck it at the gate.... even though I knew darn well it would be thawed in about 30 minutes or less.

I don't know if they would have allowed it if it wasn't frozen; they didn't say and I didn't ask.
    Those double deckers sound pretty good, may have to check it out. I have frozen my drinks on a hot day and put them in a plastic bag with my food.

Park for free downtown on the street. Bring your own snacky food. Buy a $5 ticket and you have a cheap day at the ballyard. On weekday games, I will get downtown about 5:45, at 6:00 you are allowed park on the streets. I never pay for parking if I dont have to.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy
    Those double deckers sound pretty good, may have to check it out. I have frozen my drinks on a hot day and put them in a plastic bag with my food.

Park for free downtown on the street. Bring your own snacky food. Buy a $5 ticket and you have a cheap day at the ballyard. On weekday games, I will get downtown about 5:45, at 6:00 you are allowed park on the streets. I never pay for parking if I dont have to.
    or better yet eat beforehand. Yesterday I had breakfast at Bob Evans and a frappuccino at Starbucks before going to the game with my drinks. For those that live in NKY - went to Crestview Hills Town Center - very nice (went to the Starbucks) - off of I-275.

I like sprite...they serve none.

They are then by definition, evil.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Tho' right now I'm here at work and pretty much everyone else here like Pepsi products, so I'm drinking a Pepsi : .
    Go home, Kitty, its a holiday
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Go home, Kitty, its a holiday
    Not working... Just taking advantage of a T1 connection to the Internet...

Just got back from Cincy and I have to say the service was the worst I have ever seen. Charitable contributions or not, when you miss over 2 innings to be on line for a hot dog they have to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Attracting reliable, +21 workers for minimal pay is probably quite difficult. But, you package the work as "charity work" for an organization, suddenly someone else is suplying the bulk of the workforce for you. They're responsible for getting people to the park to work and the nature of the work (not for their own personal income) means they're not at all likely to complain about poor take home at the end of the night.
    Not only that, but the amount of money the organization gets is usually less than minimum wage when you consider all the time it takes to set up, clean up, etc. Maybe it's different with the Reds, but I ran a concession stand for a charity at a Division 1 football stadium, and our charity's cut was typically about 2.90/hour for each worker we had.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

My wife and I have worked both the Reds and Bengals games in the food stands. Generally speaking, I thought the groups we've done it with (knothole baseball, soccer, band) have done a darn fine job.

We usually sort out pretty quickly who does what. Having been a grill cook in a previous life, I usually get banished to the back to prepare food. The women usually take orders. We generally get a 5 minute spiel from a food service person as to how the booth works. Mostly, being college graduates and all, we figure it out pretty quickly. And most of us have already worked concession stands as sports or band parents (HS football games are great training grounds).

IMNSHO, I think we do a better job than the "professionals" I see there. Poor service may result when you get a booth where the people have just gotten there and are still sorting it out.

The hardest one was when I manned a beer booth at a September Bengals game where the temps hit 90. We basically had the taps running in a continuous flow from an hour before kickoff till the beer cut-off sometime in the 4th quarter.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?