Boycott Barry Bonds

http://www.boycottbarry.com/

Some good stuff on here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Boycott Barry Bonds

I like the babe section.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

I love the before and after pics. The thing is, in high school he probably did not lift a single weight. With today's weight lifting cycle and knowing what to eat and not to eat, I see how he has bulked up.

I do not think Roids did this. If he was on roids and quit taking them, you would see a huge difference in him mostly turning to fat. I do not see that happening.

Look at McGwire. He is a tub of lard. Why, well you decided.

Barry continues to look strong and that is from hard work.

I just do not think boycotting Bonds is good for baseball. Maybe I am one of a few who actually like Bonds and do not see anything with the before and after pics.

I have seen what lifting can do to the body in a matter of 6 weeks.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Leading league in hotness

Leading league in hotness

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfreak4
    ^That's what I always say when people say Todd Helton is only good because he plays in Colorado

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfreak4
    ^ Then why take them? Then why (according to some) did numerous MLB and minor league players decide to take them? Then why do we still see guys getting caught for taking them? Then why did the single season HR record (61... there for over 25 years and it broke the record before it that stood for 34 years) fall MULTIPLE times in a short period of time? WHY? I'd like to ask the author of that article...

Well... if you are in the pros, you probably have the things required to possibly be a MLB player someday. Timing, pitch recognition, etc. But does the author know that sacred records are falling b/c of drug use? Using them or not will not cause a Mac, Sosa or Bonds type from playing on a ML team. But it sure helped them hit more and farther HRs. And that is not scientific... it is facts as shown in the record books.

Then there are people who think the afore-mentioned players didn't do drugs b/c there is no concrete proof. That is their right... as it is the right of some people who believe the Nat'l Enquirer is the Holy Grail for truthful stories.

Quote Originally Posted by alexad
    I love the before and after pics. The thing is, in high school he probably did not lift a single weight. With today's weight lifting cycle and knowing what to eat and not to eat, I see how he has bulked up.

I do not think Roids did this. If he was on roids and quit taking them, you would see a huge difference in him mostly turning to fat. I do not see that happening.

I just do not think boycotting Bonds is good for baseball. Maybe I am one of a few who actually like Bonds and do not see anything with the before and after pics.

Would you let your wife go shopping with O.J. Simpson?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by alexad

Steroids didn't do it alone. But the indication is that Bonds engaged in a concerted program that included steriods. Of course a guy is not going to go downhill as long as he keeps working out, but it helps him recover faster and gain/maintain muscle mass.

But to me, the HR records are really a secondary issue. The primary issue is that big time stars are believed to have used steroids. It puts pressure on every kid trying to make it in baseball to jam anything into their system that they can get a hold of.

Why are steroids illegal? It's not because it helps you destroy home run records. It's because if they aren't used properly, under medical supervision, they have been known to cause serious health problems. Sure, guys like Bonds can afford the trainers and the medical professionals who can design a program that enhances the benefits of steroid use while limiting the negative effects. But the young guys who feel pressure to try to keep up don't have that and those are the guys who are going to die young.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?