Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Krivsky to be on SOAS, Ch 9 in about 10 minutes

Retired

Wayne Krivsky to be on SOAS, Ch 9 in about 10 minutes

For those that want to check in, Wayne Krivsky will be on SOAS with Popo at 11:35 on Ch 9. Sounds like he'll be on for the full hour.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wayne Krivsky to be on SOAS, Ch 9 in about 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    For those that want to check in, Wayne Krivsky will be on SOAS with Popo at 11:35 on Ch 9. Sounds like he'll be on for the full hour.
    Wish I was in Cincy to hear that, oh well.

Prett cool the Kriv is willing to go on late night radio for an hour to talk about service-oriented architecture.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Prett cool the Kriv is willing to go on late night radio for an hour to talk about service-oriented architecture.
    Is there anyway to listen online?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Is there anyway to listen online?
    No.

If he says anything of importance I'll post it here.

Retired

Some quick notes from the first segment.

Wayne said he doesn't see RCast cutting costs on the upcoming draft, in a non-large market you have to scout and draft well. The scouts will be coming into town over the next few days to put together the draft list. Said he couldn't overstate the importance of the draft.

Says the Reds need to get back to working counts, taking walks and using all of the field. Players are probably pressing a little bit trying to bust the slump all on their own.

Commercial time.

Retired

More notes:

Phil Dumatrait (I know I spelled that wrong) is probably a start or 2 away from being promoted from the Lookouts.

Character issues come into play when drafting and trading, but talent comes first.

When Homer Bailey comes to the majors he doesn't want him going back and fouth between the minors. When he's called up, he's up to stay.

When drafting pitchers they are going to look at guys with a simple delievery and arm action, nothing crazy to avoid injuries.

Commercial again.

Says the Reds need to get back to working counts, taking walks and using all of the field. Players are probably pressing a little bit trying to bust the slump all on their own.
    Why, that's positively sane. Are we sure he's the Reds' GM?

When drafting pitchers they are going to look at guys with a simple delievery and arm action, nothing crazy to avoid injuries.
    BA on Brandon Morrow:

Morrow seems like a scout's dream. Owner of perhaps the best pure arm in the draft, he throws as hard as any pitcher in baseball, sitting at 96-98 mph with his fastball and occasionally reaching 99. He's a fast-twitch athlete with a quick arm and near-perfect pitcher's frame at 6-foot-3, 190 pounds. His delivery is clean and he repeats his mechanics well. Morrow's secondary pitches-a mid-80s slider and improving changeup-have flashed average to above-average potential as well.

I like what Wayne is saying, thanks R4L.

thanks guys - good stuff.

Retired

More. You love me, dont' you?

Wayne likes the 3 catcher set up right now, doesn't play on changing anytime soon.

He signed Hatteberg because he worked counts well, didn't strikeout much and put the ball in play. Didn't scout him much, but felt he could contribute in some way.

A caller asked about brining Casey back next year. He wouldn't comment much, but just said "we'll see".

He got Ross because of the injuries in the outfield and hoped he could stick as the 5th outfielder before he got injured. As time went on, he was just the odd man out and decided it was best to move him for all parties involved.

Another commercial.

Yes I do love you. Keep it coming. I would love to have Casey back next year for the right price and as a 5 or 6 hitter, not 3 or 4.

Retired

Wayne doesn't have a preference of high school v. college players when drafting pitchers, he wants to go with the guy with the highest ceiling and least risk. He believes you do need to maintain some balance though.

Paul Wilson is long tossing now, they will re-evaluate after the road trip. He thinks Paul might be going on another rehab assignment. He "hit a wall" in his rehab and they had to back off for now.

Final segment coming up. SOAS has too many commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Yes I do love you. Keep it coming. I would love to have Casey back next year for the right price and as a 5 or 6 hitter, not 3 or 4.

i agree about casey. if the price is right why not bring him back. after the dave williams failure we need to feel like we didn't get jobbed on that move.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Turn Off Ads?