Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Krivsky to be on SOAS, Ch 9 in about 10 minutes

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Wayne Krivsky to be on SOAS, Ch 9 in about 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan
    i agree about casey. if the price is right why not bring him back. after the dave williams failure we need to feel like we didn't get jobbed on that move.
    I'd honestly rather see Votto up here next year than paying any money for an aging Sean Casey, which would be nothing more than a P.R. move to try and win some fans back. Certainly it won't be a move based on production, as the dreaded Platoon has outperformed Sean Casey's last season numbers in virtually every measureable respect. Plus, Votto is progressing nicely through AA and should be in AAA by midseason.

If the price is right and Casey understands his role, then maybe it's OK -- but otherwise, this just seems like a date with disaster. Reds fans need to move on, IMO.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

2. Turn Off Ads?

If Votto is ready by next year, then by all means get him up here. I just don't know that much about him, and didn't know he could be ready by next year.

I will always want a young guy playing then a older guy.

Thanks Reds4Life
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    More notes:

Phil Dumatrait (I know I spelled that wrong) is probably a start or 2 away from being promoted from the Lookouts.
    You spelled it right.

I wonder if he meant just a promotion to Louisville, or maybe to Cincy? I like Dumatrait - he's a guy who could provide the Reds with some help out of the bullpen right now. He is particuraly tough on right-handed hitters, holding them to just a .521 OPS as opposed to .753 against lefties albeit in a smaller sample size.

I still like him to develop into a solid No. 3 or 4 starter, but the bullpen is where he could make an immediate impact at this point.

BTW, thanks R4L.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

An email mentioned a lot of Obie's players got DFA'ed. Wayne says he doesn't view them as "his" players, but the players usually determine their own fate. The DFA'ed guys didn't cut it, so they are gone.

Stats play some role, but he's more of a gut feeling guy.

The defense has to improve, the guys are working at it. Being last in defense in the league is not acceptable.

He only wants 1 week of interleague play, 18 games is way too many and the scheduling isn't fair. 6 games should be the max for interleague games.

An emailer asked about Clemens, he didn't deny there has been contact. Said they probably couldn't afford him.

Said the "gut feeling" played a role in the Mays signing, he admits his numbers are horrible. Can never have enough pitching and it's a low risk that could be a nice reward for the Reds. He hopes to be in Louisville for his first start around June 2-3.

/Show, that's all folks.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

I wouldn't want Casey back, 1) I'm afraid Narron (if he's still here) would plug him in the 3-4 spot because he's a contact guy, like he does now with Aurilia.
    2) I don't want Votto, if he's that good to be blocked by a fan favorite.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    You spelled it right.

I wonder if he meant just a promotion to Louisville, or maybe to Cincy? I like Dumatrait - he's a guy who could provide the Reds with some help out of the bullpen right now. He is particuraly tough on right-handed hitters, holding them to just a .521 OPS as opposed to .753 against lefties albeit in a smaller sample size.

I still like him to develop into a solid No. 3 or 4 starter, but the bullpen is where he could make an immediate impact at this point.

BTW, thanks R4L.
    He was talking about a promotion to Louisville, sorry if I was unclear.

On Votto, he said he's got raw power, but needs to improve his defensive skills. Didn't sound like anything was going to happen with him soon.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

I have a gut feeling about Joe Mays too.

Thanks R4L.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I wouldn't want Casey back, 1) I'm afraid Narron (if he's still here) would plug him in the 3-4 spot because he's a contact guy, like he does now with Aurilia.
    2) I don't want Votto, if he's that good to be blocked by a fan favorite.
    Exactly. I want Casey back for the right price, and to bat 5th or 6th. Casey is a guy that puts the ball in play and hits for a high average, something this team doesn't have alot of. If he used correct (not as a 3-4 guy) then he would be an asset to the team.

No way I am paying him 8 mil like he is making right now, and no way do I bat him 3rd or 4th. If Wayne doesn't think Votto is ready then I think Casey will be back next year, but I just hope we use him correctly.

It's nice to hear someone who can speak frankly, minus all the cryptic, political corporate mumbo jumbo DanO constantly spewed.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    It's nice to hear someone who can speak frankly, minus all the cryptic, political corporate mumbo jumbo DanO constantly spewed.
    Status Quo
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Prett cool the Kriv is willing to go on late night radio for an hour to talk about service-oriented architecture.
    This is actually TV, M2... it's on every Sunday after the 11 o'clock news.

Darn, I didn't read this early enough to catch it.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack

I find that comment to be aestethic,and benign to a level of competency required by a General Manager that instills unfounded and malicious, lugubrious dialogue about a potential future and endeaver in a buccaneer team from Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    I'd honestly rather see Votto up here next year than paying any money for an aging Sean Casey, which would be nothing more than a P.R. move to try and win some fans back. Certainly it won't be a move based on production, as the dreaded Platoon has outperformed Sean Casey's last season numbers in virtually every measureable respect. Plus, Votto is progressing nicely through AA and should be in AAA by midseason.

If the price is right and Casey understands his role, then maybe it's OK -- but otherwise, this just seems like a date with disaster. Reds fans need to move on, IMO.

if votto is ready be all means we don't need to bring casey back. votto has alot of upside but hasn't even played at AAA yet. yes it would most likely be a PR move to bring casey back. who really knows if he would want to come back. with the injuries he's had maybe he feels he may need to prove something there. scott and rich have done a great job at first but i'm not a fan of the platoon. i like to see a set everyday lineup and if one of those 2 play their way into it maybe we don't need to make any moves at first. the one thing i can say for sure is i don't expect to see dunn over there anytime soon.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the report.

Turn Off Ads?