Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wayne Krivsky to be on SOAS, Ch 9 in about 10 minutes

"So Fla Red"

Re: Wayne Krivsky to be on SOAS, Ch 9 in about 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life

He only wants 1 week of interleague play, 18 games is way too many and the scheduling isn't fair. 6 games should be the max for interleague games.

In another translation, "It's not at all fair the Cardinals get to beat up on the worst team in the AL six times every year while the Reds get to battle a much tougher Indians organization six times a year"

He's right on all points here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    An email mentioned a lot of Obie's players got DFA'ed. Wayne says he doesn't view them as "his" players, but the players usually determine their own fate. The DFA'ed guys didn't cut it, so they are gone.

Stats play some role, but he's more of a gut feeling guy.

The defense has to improve, the guys are working at it. Being last in defense in the league is not acceptable.

He only wants 1 week of interleague play, 18 games is way too many and the scheduling isn't fair. 6 games should be the max for interleague games.

An emailer asked about Clemens, he didn't deny there has been contact. Said they probably couldn't afford him.

Said the "gut feeling" played a role in the Mays signing, he admits his numbers are horrible. Can never have enough pitching and it's a low risk that could be a nice reward for the Reds. He hopes to be in Louisville for his first start around June 2-3.

/Show, that's all folks.
    This is what I like about Krivskey. Gut feeling, no risk, high reward. If he doesn't work out, nothing is lost. If we straighten him out- nice gain. We'll see.

I know Clemens is a pipe dream, but it just makes me smile that they even paid it lip service. He could have said there was no point [which would likely be the truth] but he said they contacted the agents.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    I know Clemens is a pipe dream, but it just makes me smile that they even paid it lip service. He could have said there was no point [which would likely be the truth] but he said they contacted the agents.
    Hey at least they're trying, that's more than the old regime would've done.

I like The Kriv. He's a straight talking, no BS kinda guy. He isn't trying to be the smartest guy in the room he's just laying out his plan for the future. I like that he confident enough to just say he trusts his gut from time to time.

I also like the talk about Cleamons. Even if it's just a PR move, he's letting the fans know that all options are being explored.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

I'll take Casey for $2 Million - and slot him 7th.

Too bad the Royals will "steal" him away at $6 Million.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

When drafting pitchers they are going to look at guys with a simple delievery and arm action, nothing crazy to avoid injuries.
    I hope he's doing that with some sort of ecucation on the subject. Some guys have crazy deliveries, but when it comes to the final throwing motion, don't really have an injury prone delivery. I'd hate to pass up on a guy like Kershaw just because his delivery isn't text book. But if WayneK notices something that puts a lot of strain on the shoulder or something, then I'm more than okay with that.

If he is looking for a clean delivery though, Jeffress is another guy with smooth, simple mechanics that could be available.

Have Clayton Kershaw and Ty Howington ever been seen together in public? I'm under impression they're essentially the same person.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

saboforthird

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy
    I find that comment to be aestethic,and benign to a level of competency required by a General Manager that instills unfounded and malicious, lugubrious dialogue about a potential future and endeaver in a buccaneer team from Pittsburgh.
    I believe my eyes are crossed and my brain is pushing out the back of my head, after that.

I find that comment to be aestethic,and benign to a level of competency required by a General Manager that instills unfounded and malicious, lugubrious dialogue about a potential future and endeaver in a buccaneer team from Pittsburgh.
    Huh?
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Is that a bit of DanO speak, Jr's Boy?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?