Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Game Thread: Reds vs. The Baby Bears 5/29/2006

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Re: Game Thread: Reds vs. The Baby Bears 5/29/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I wonder if he ranted about Mercker's as well?
    If I remember right, Marty said that Mercker 'had not pitched well since coming back'.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Someone needs to pull Narron aside and tell him that LaRue sucks!
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

Lopez takes strike 3 on the inside corner. Cubs win 7-3, go back & get em tomorrow

"The party's over..." Don Meredith, 1977

Thanks for the play-by-play, Tornon (or Nonrot, backwards)

wish the Reds batters would not take 3rd strikes.. geesh im not a MLB player but it isnt like the strike zone is smaller in the majors.. its there to hit.. hit it!!

and yes LaRue needs to gooooooooooo..

Is it funny that our defensive catcher David Ross is actually providing some of the better offensive numbers so far this year? I am not ready to give up yet on LaRue as maybe it might take him awhile to come back from the surgery and get healthy, but should Ross get more time?

Ross is showing me he is a better hitter and a better caller of a game behind the plate.. time to get LaRue and package him with nothr player and make a trade to help the bullpen..

Battling all day to keep it close and then having the bullpen ice it by giving up runs late is really starting to get old. Very few pitchers in the bullpen can be trusted. Stormy is solid at time, not a closer by any stretch. Coffey has been excellent. Merker needs to regain form or else him, White, and Shackelford will continue to put the game out of reach for the reds late. How long will Hammond's success last? White needs to be DFA ASAP. I don't care who is brought up. We have to have something down in AAA that's servicable right?

Just as an aside here...a curiosity, I guess...

On the ESPN recap of the game the Freel hit in the top of the ninth is listed as a homer in the 'scoring summary' on the box score page and also shows as a homer on the Scoreboard header page under the line score. Is someone trying to tell us that they agree with the obvious on this one?

(As if it makes much difference, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski
    Marty says the Reds are dead last in double plays this year. Whooda thunk it?
    Actually they're 13th (out of 16). Marty's wrong again!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski
    Just as an aside here...a curiosity, I guess...

On the ESPN recap of the game the Freel hit in the top of the ninth is listed as a homer in the 'scoring summary' on the box score page and also shows as a homer on the Scoreboard header page under the line score. Is someone trying to tell us that they agree with the obvious on this one?

(As if it makes much difference, of course)
    Could they possibly have changed it after the game? Not that it would make any difference, but I guess it would in the stat columns (for Freel and # of HRs given up by the pitcher).

I doubt they'd do that though; I don't ever remember hearing anything like that happening in the past.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

LaRue slumps are deep and ugly. His hot streaks usually make you forget about the slump, then he levels out. But that is also when he is getting regular swings.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Could they possibly have changed it after the game? Not that it would make any difference, but I guess it would in the stat columns (for Freel and # of HRs given up by the pitcher).

I doubt they'd do that though; I don't ever remember hearing anything like that happening in the past.
    I don't recall it happening either, TB. I doubt that they will do that this far after the fact.

Turn Off Ads?