Thread: Which catcher to keep ?

got alil captain in u?

Re: Which catcher to keep ?

ross and valentin ship larue away

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    How about LaRue to the Rockies for RHP Jason Jennings?

I doubt very much the Rockies would part with either Cook or Francis.
    No on Jennings. However, how about Byung-Hyun Kim for Larue? Kim was pretty much lights out as a reliever until someone pulled a Danny Graves and thought he should start. Add in AA Tulsa LHP Josh Newman and you got a deal.

It seems as if the Reds are always late on making trades. The market for both Larue and Freel has pretty much diminished from last year when both players were peaking same can be said for Valentine. If somebody does bit it will more than likely be for Valentine do to the fact that he comes cheaper. I personally like Ross and the way he handles some of the pitching staff. It's too bad we couldn't merge all three of them together they each do certain things very well. To me Valentine is the man to go.

I'd keep LaRue and Ross.

LaRue is 75+/- ABs into the season, still plenty of time for him to turn it around, and there is no reason to expect him not to do so.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    I'd keep LaRue and Ross.

LaRue is 75+/- ABs into the season, still plenty of time for him to turn it around, and there is no reason to expect him not to do so.
    I agree Joseph, I also believe Valintin should have been dealt over the off season.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Keep Ross

Get rid of the other two, we can find another back up catcher. WK found Ross, he can find Ross again.

Isn't Larue typically a slow starter? That said, I think his salary will scare a lot of teams off.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Don't forget, WayneO likes 3 catchers
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Isn't Larue typically a slow starter? That said, I think his salary will scare a lot of teams off.
    LaRue is a slow starter and a lot of fans agree with you about Jasons salary.

The truth is LaRue is being paid the going rate for catchers.

I'd keep LaRue and Ross.

Turn it around to do what, hit .250+? Who cares. We need defense and Ross appears to be our catcher for years to come, get him more PT, even if he only hits .240 that is only the difference of what 10 or so hits? And he plays small ball alot better, which is what we need. With that said, Ross is out-hitting Jason Larue ACROSS THE BOARD so far this season, w/ 18 less AB, and the fact that he is better behind the plate, move Larue FOR ANYTHING, the cut in cap space is worth it alone

I'd keep LaRue and Ross.

Turn it around to do what, hit .250+? Who cares. We need defense and Ross appears to be our catcher for years to come, get him more PT, even if he only hits .240 that is only the difference of what 10 or so hits? And he plays small ball alot better, which is what we need. With that said, Ross is out-hitting Jason Larue ACROSS THE BOARD so far this season, w/ 18 less AB, and the fact that he is better behind the plate, move Larue FOR ANYTHING, the cut in cap space is worth it alone

I'd keep LaRue and Ross.

sorry, didn't mean to post it 3 times, don't know what happened

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron
    sorry, didn't mean to post it 3 times, don't know what happened

Well, you are tripleaaaron.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

ha, good point maybe that should be my trademark, then again that would be pretty annoying so maybe not

Turn Off Ads?