Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds sign 37th round draft pick Jake Long

Reds sign 37th round draft pick Jake Long

http://www.modbee.com/sports/story/1...12983458c.html

Catcher Jake Long, a 2004 graduate of Johansen High School, has signed a contract with the Cincinnati Reds. Long recently completed his second season with Modesto Junior College and was named Central Valley Conference player of the year after hitting .372 with a .516 on-base percentage, 38 RBIs and 33 runs. Long was drafted by the Reds two years in a row: in the 44th round in 2004 and the 37th round last year. MJC was eliminated from the NorCal Regional Playoffs on May 20. The Reds made an offer the next day, and Long signed on Monday at home. "It was shocking at first. I kind of knew, but any time it happens, it's shocking," Long said. "But after it settled in, it was exciting. Cool feeling. All the hard work you put in the past two years, it paid off." Long will leave June 10 and report to Sarasota, Fla., for rookie league.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds sign 37th round draft pick Jake Long

They signed the American Dragon?

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Welcome to the Reds organization Long. It's good to see one of our 2 time draft and follows signed. Any word on Milton Loo?

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    They signed the American Dragon?

I want to see the other teams reaction when that guy comes in from the pen
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    Welcome to the Reds organization Long. It's good to see one of our 2 time draft and follows signed. Any word on Milton Loo?
    Well, we have about 1 more week, so we'll find out soon enough
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Today is the deadline for the draft and follows to sign. The deadline is midnight tonight. I hope we can sign Milton Loo and some of our other picks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    Today is the deadline for the draft and follows to sign. The deadline is midnight tonight. I hope we can sign Milton Loo and some of our other picks as well.
    Yeah, I just checked up on that, my mistake. I thought draft and follows were up until the day of... for some reason, I was under the impression that it was only non juco players who had not signed were put back into the draft pool.

I'm betting Milton Loo doesn't get signed.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?