Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belisle going back to Cincy Germano called up

Re: Belisle going back to Cincy Germano called up

per marcs blog belisle having back problems germano called up
    $10 says he gets lit up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, Germano was a Dan O'Brien acquistion and we have seen how they have been turning out.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

also on rotoworld.com:

Matt Belisle returned to Cincinnati following Monday's game to have his sore lower back examined.

If Belisle required a DL stint, the Reds will call up Justin Germano to pitch in middle relief.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Hard to sum up in words how much I don't want to see soft-tossing Justin Germano taking the mound in a Reds uniform.
    Too bad he can't sink some of those soft tosses.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Anyone know just how long this has been bothering Matt?

Not good... Belisle possibly going to DL

As if the bullpen wasn't bad enough, Belisle may be headed to the DL.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...redsbreak.html

1. Either the starters will need to start going 8 or 9 innings every start.
    2. The offense will need to start scoring 10+ runs per game to outscore the opponent.
    3. We're screwed.

Re: Not good... Belisle possibly going to DL

Welcome back to the major leagues, Joe Mays.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden
    Anyone know just how long this has been bothering Matt?
    It must not be from the work load. Maybe the bullpen seats are uncomfortable. OTOH, maybe back soreness is why he hasn't been used any more. If Claussen continues to struggle, I would like to see Belisle and him trade places once Belisle gets healthy.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Heeler
    It must not be from the work load. Maybe the bullpen seats are uncomfortable. OTOH, maybe back soreness is why he hasn't been used any more. If Claussen continues to struggle, I would like to see Belisle and him trade places once Belisle gets healthy.
    I don't think Claussen would be any better in the pen than he would be as a starter. His problem is consistancy but then again when Belisle started last year he wasn't that consistent either. Calling up Germano doesn't excite me that much but it saves them from making a 40 man move and going with untested AA arms. So for now i hope Justin has some sucess and something is done about the White, Shackelford, and Mercker triumverate of crappy pitching.

Re: Belisle goin back to cincy Germano called up

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Interesting. I thought it would be 1 of the AA guys.

I read a piece a couple of days when Krivsky was asked about a prospect at AA and he said he does not skip levels, so it's not likely we will see anyone make a jump from AA to the majors on Krivsky's watch.

...and we thought Rick White is the problem

bad, bad, bad

It's now official, Belisle to the DL retoractive to Sunday, Germano recalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Toss in Shafer & Dumatrait and DFA some of the stiffs in the 'pen. Watch Jerry Narron self-destruct at the thought of not much 'veteran-ess' in the 'pen.
    i think this goes to the same reason we talk about in the bailey thread. krivsky knows you must DEVELOP the players fully or as much as possible before you bring them up. you can get away with bringing guys up early, but i dont think they will ever be as good as they could have been or be as complete and thus make your team as good as if you let them develop in the minors. i dont want a team of guys who cant play d, cant run the bases right, cant bunt, cant be a "pitcher" etc. we already have that i want guys who do it all right and are talented. see the cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    i think this goes to the same reason we talk about in the bailey thread. krivsky knows you must DEVELOP the players fully or as much as possible before you bring them up. you can get away with bringing guys up early, but i dont think they will ever be as good as they could have been or be as complete and thus make your team as good as if you let them develop in the minors. i dont want a team of guys who cant play d, cant run the bases right, cant bunt, cant be a "pitcher" etc. we already have that i want guys who do it all right and are talented. see the cardinals
    You mean like Albert Pujols who went from Single A to the majors in the Cardinal organization??
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Albert Pujols is a freak of nature. It's not really fair to hold him up as the example, because very, very few players compare to him.

Turn Off Ads?