Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Aaron Boone leaves game with Concussion

Hybrid View

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Aaron Boone leaves game with Concussion

Aaron certainly has had his share of hard-luck injuries.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseba...ans_Boone.html

Aaron Boone leaves game with concussion

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

CLEVELAND -- Indians third baseman Aaron Boone was forced to leave the game Monday with a mild concussion after he tumbled headfirst into the photographer's area while chasing a flyball.

The 33-year-old Boone was taken to Lutheran Medican Center for examination.

The foul pop hit by Chicago's Juan Uribe in the third inning glanced off the edge of the dugout as Boone teetered on a railing for an instant before falling head over heels onto the concrete.

Boone's teammates gathered around him and play was stopped for several minutes while trainer Lonnie Soloff attended to Boone, who eventually got up and walked to the dugout. He was rubbing the left side of his head and wasn't bleeding.

Re: Aaron Boone leaves game with Concussion

I hope he gets better. The ironic thing was that I was just watching this game on the rerun and this happened probably 5 minutes ago.

got alil captain in u?

he hit it pretty hard i watched the highlights none of the camera guys helped him out they just stared at him

Oh no! I still just love Aaron Boone. Didn't he do something similar when he was with the Reds? Guy's always getting hurt while playing hard.

He's putting together a solid season so far; hopefully this doesn't sideline him for long.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    he hit it pretty hard i watched the highlights none of the camera guys helped him out they just stared at him
    Well, that stinks.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

He's gritty, he will be fine. Do you Remember him getting hit in the face by a pitcher? I think it was in 01. It broke the bill of his batting helmet before it hit him in the face. It was the most violent hits batsmen I've ever seen. He was rolling around and screaming, you could here him on TV. It made me sick.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    He's gritty, he will be fine. Do you Remember him getting hit in the face by a pitcher? I think it was in 01. It broke the bill of his batting helmet before it hit him in the face. It was the most violent hits batsmen I've ever seen. He was rolling around and screaming, you could here him on TV. It made me sick.
    Yes, I do. It was absolutely horrible; I don't think I was breathing at the time.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Those cameramen did the right thing. He could have had a neck injury. They were right not to move him, they could have done some serious damage. Leave the treatment to the medical people.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Those cameramen did the right thing. He could have had a neck injury. They were right not to move him, they could have done some serious damage. Leave the treatment to the medical people.
    Not sure what the poster meant, but I wasn't alluding to any type of medical treatment or moving an injured player. My less than clearly stated interpretation was that they could have helped break his fall. I've often see them try to do that in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by top6
    (As an aside, though, he was batting 9th?!?!? Is he struggling that much this year?)
    Not really:

BA .278; OPS .352; 20 RBI.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 05-30-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Not sure what the poster meant
    Well, I wasn't really adressing you, I was just making a comment. And I have a screen name, although I am now thinking of changing it to *The Poster*.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Well, I wasn't really adressing you, I was just making a comment. And I have a screen name, although I am now thinking of changing it to *The Poster*.
    Actually, by saying "the poster" I wasn't addressing you either... it was Captain Morgain (now that I went back to check). I didn't check at the time, merely commenting off the top of my head regarding his/her comment about the cameramen merely staring instead of perhaps trying to break his fall. What I was trying to say, not clearly obviously, was that I think that's what CM was alluding to rather than in any way suggesting they move him after he fell.

I quoted your post only to reference the medical treatment comment... that's it. No conspiracy.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 05-31-2006 at 11:44 AM.

I was driving and listening to this game on the radio. Sounded like he got up, and for a second acted like he was going to keep playing! Good old Boone, he really is a gamer.

(As an aside, though, he was batting 9th?!?!? Is he struggling that much this year?)

La Dolce Vita

I, too, was listening to the Sox-Tribe game (Go Sox!) on a return trip from Chicago and heard the whole thing. Poor Aaron! My favorite Boone!
    teach tolerance.

Was it a baseball game or basketball game?
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?