Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Embedding music

Embedding music

How do I embed a song into my MySpace page? There are no codes already made for the song on the Internet, but I have the song saved on my computer.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Re: Embedding music

First you would need to store the song on a web server. Then you could just Google "quicktime embed code" or something along those lines and plug in the song's URL to the code and paste it into your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer
    First you would need to store the song on a web server. Then you could just Google "quicktime embed code" or something along those lines and plug in the song's URL to the code and paste it into your profile.
    How is the easiest way to do that? And is it legal to upload a song that isn't mine?

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice
    How is the easiest way to do that? And is it legal to upload a song that isn't mine?
    The easiest way to upload a song is to find a friend who has his own website and ask him if he'll host it for you. Second option: Google "free webhosts". They exist.

As for the legalities, it depends on the song. In most cases, no one will ever know you are using the song except for the handful of people who visit your Myspace page, but if it is a major label artist it is illegal. It is illegal too for any artist, but most independent artists and labels don't sue people for listening to their music. Summary: No one will know or should care that you are using it on your Myspace page, so you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice
    How do I embed a song into my MySpace page? There are no codes already made for the song on the Internet, but I have the song saved on my computer.
    I use filelodge.com

It's free, and you can host quite a few songs on there. It'll give you the code to embed the song.

Turn Off Ads?